Quantcast

SC building

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
OK you SC locals... anyone know who's been building in the last week or so on a certain non-existent trail with a name that starts and ends with "Z"? I have message from the Z-man himself. Don't build anything down past the last step-up, because everything past there is on private property, and the guy who owns that land is now pissed. He was OK with the trail as it was before last week. If this trail gets torn down because someone couldn't leave well enough alone, there are going to be a lot of pissed riders to answer to.

There is a new jump down past the step-up that just went in last week. This (and anything after it) needs to be torn down NOW. If anyone here knows who is building there, please explain to them why they need to stop. This is one of the best local spots we have. Let's try to keep it around for a while.

Nolan

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
There is a group of 3 or 4 smaller kids, i think they are in highschool that built that lower jump you are talking about. At the time i didnt realize that it was private property but i did know lower down that some people had been cutting down trees or firewood or what not.

I already told them not to build past that, they had planned to continue the trail further so hopefully they dont do that anymore. And i think that some other people saw that jump and are planning to make it bigger.

It might be worth putting up a note or something letting people know not to build past that.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Nolan said:
It might be worth putting up a note or something letting people know not to build past that.
Good Suggestion Nolan.

Jimw, if you still live up in that area you should get some "private property" &"keep out" signs from OSH and post them up in the appropriate location. It might help.

I'd do it myself, but I haven't gone riding in UCSC since the middle of summer, and I'm not really planning on going anytime soon.

It sucks, but as long as you are building/riding trails that are not your property, no matter how hard you try to keep it from happening someone will tear them down, or some kids will come by and make everything you've built smaller/easier so they can ride them. Its just a fact of life. It especially sucks in this area because 99% of the people who ride can't afford enough land to build their own trails