Quantcast

SC Heckler owners, need help

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
bros,
i just gotten a Heckler frame and putting all the parts on the baby, one thing I found out is... The frame cable mounts are placed in a way that it will induced cable rubbings.

m putting pads to protect the frame from scrathces. Care to share some close up pics on your cable routing?

Thanks

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
IT is a Santa Cruz.......there is always going to be cable rub. Has been an issue on all 11 Santa Cruz bikes I have owned. The Heckler is no different.:mumble: :mumble:

mtnbikej

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
mtnbikej said:
IT is a Santa Cruz.......there is always going to be cable rub. Has been an issue on all 11 Santa Cruz bikes I have owned. The Heckler is no different.:mumble: :mumble:

mtnbikej
yea i know, its my 3rd SC bike also. No complain on the bike quality, only let down is the paint is more prone to scratches.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
finally you are back on a fs, hopefully we stil have a chance at gambir. :p from a bullit to v10 to a ht to a heckler. rolf.
IMO the best way is to use shrink wrap on the cables. OR if you can find that 3m atomotive clear sticker. that would be the bomb. but i would protect the down tube. one round of gambir will kill it. btw, i am going there now, see you there?