Quantcast

SCAM or not?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
BikeGeek said:
So what's next?
...notify the manufacturers with the "no online sales" rules?
...notify the legit shops hosting the images that their pics are being leeched by a scammer?
...notify Yahoo that a site they host is most likely trying to scam people?
I've sent emails to Yeti and Santa Cruz letting them know about this site. Not sure what they can do, but at least they'll know about it.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
pixelninja said:
I've sent emails to Yeti and Santa Cruz letting them know about this site. Not sure what they can do, but at least they'll know about it.
This is from Specialized:

Hey Stinkyboy,

I did, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it, due to the anonymity of the internet. It's part of the reason we only sell our bikes through authorized dealers, and never the internet. All the same, we apprertate the heads up.

Cheers, Scott

Specialized Customer Service/Online Store
1137 South 3800 West
Salt Lake City UT 84104
877-808-8154

vott

Chimp
Jun 28, 2006
HELP! I have contacted you previously. No, my family does not own the domain "honorosmos" and we do not have any knowledge of who the actual scammer is nor have I had any luck getting his domain and/or web page invalidated or revoked. If anyone has any information on who the acutal person is, his location and/or phone number I would appreciate your providing that info to me as it is my name that he has registered this bogus company under. Yahoo has been impossible to contact, never can find an actual person. If anyone has info on how to go about clearing this up, please, please let me know! Thank you! For all sceptics, I have filed an internet fraud report with the FBI with regards to this.

vott

Chimp
Jun 28, 2006
I will GLADLY send you the ten bucks if you can give me a new idea as to how to shut down the (scam) website. I did the go-round with Yahoo AGAIN on Friday, No one wants to or is capable of dealing with this...even called Melbourne Australia which is where Yahoo domains are registered. Emailed too many links to remember...HELP!Vicki