Quantcast

scam or truth

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
can't access the site - but if it is from some add that tells you to sign up and yu can buy things for free... scam

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
what i haven't figure is how the secret shopper scammers make money. I guess you have to send in $39.99 for the information on how to become a secret shopper...

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
Slugman said:
can't access the site - but if it is from some add that tells you to sign up and yu can buy things for free... scam

heresi copy /paste
(sorry its little long)

Who are we?

The Canadian Organization of Professional Secret Shoppers (COPSS) is a professional membership organization dedicated to assisting Canadians who are interested in starting a new full or part-time career as a secret shopper. We are recognized as Canada's leading provider of Secret Shopper information and educational materials. Please continue to browse our site to find out how you can join this exciting industry?

Get Paid to Shop!!!
There is nothing like getting paid for what you love to do!

Sounds too good to be true? Can you imagine getting paid to shop? Stop imagining and start shopping! You can get paid $10, $20, and even $40/hour just for shopping at your favorite stores, $15 to $90 for eating at your favorite restaurants, receive free tickets plus popcorn to watch the latest movie at your nearby theater, and even get paid for making purchases online... PLUS you get to keep all the stuff you buy FOR FREE! That's right, you not only get all your purchases for free, you get paid for making them, and get travel expenses paid too! Now you can live your dream. That's right, you can actually get paid to shop! And not just basic retail shopping either? the retail, dining, entertainment, recreation, and even travel industries are all filled with companies utilizing paid shopper programs! These programs have been used for decades by some of the world's largest corporations.

Why would someone pay me to SHOP?!

The concept is simple. The success of any business is built largely upon the quality of its service, as well as meeting the standards set forth by the company. A decline in either of these areas directly results in the loss of customers, their loyalty, and of course revenues. Therefore it is very important to the success of these companies that they constantly monitor the level of service and satisfaction they are providing to their customers. Furthermore, this monitoring must be done in a very pure and honest fashion, otherwise the findings will be misleading and potentially disastrous. In other words, of course the CEO is going to receive top-notch service from his employees, but how well is the "average" customer being treated?

Thus, enter the very "Secret" or "Mystery" Shopper. A Secret Shopper is simply someone hired by a company to honestly and anonymously evaluate the quality of service they receive. How well were you treated? Was your overall experience positive of negative? Were the employees friendly and courteous? Did you encounter any problems? The answers to these questions are INVALUABLE to these companies. And, as a Mystery Shopper, there's only one way to get these answers? by SHOPPING!

Besides retail stores and restaurants there is also opportunities to secret shop at:

HOTELS!
Yes, there are companies that will pay for
your accommodations just to give your opinion of the
Hotel and it's service! Hotels and Resorts all over Canada

Golf Courses!
Courses across Canada need Secret Shoppers to evaluate their service, your green fees are fully covered!

Restaurants!
There are many companies that pay you hourly AND pay
for your dinner just to tell them what you think of the service!!
FREE DINNER for you and your family!

Movies!
There are many companies that give you FREE
movie tickets just to go to the movies and
give your opinion of the theaters! Others just want your opinion
of the opening trailers (previews). Stay for the first 15 minutes, or
stay the entire movie... your choice.
Why pay $8.00 to $11.00 a ticket when you can
go for FREE!?

Here are just some of the corporations who hire Secret Shoppers:

1. Tim Hortons

2. McDonalds

3. Budget Rent a Car

4. Sears

5. Boston Pizza

6. Canadian Tire

7. Subway

8. Swiss Chalet

9. The Gap

10. Best Western Hotels

11. Shopper?s Drug Mart/Pharmasave

12. Blockbuster

13. Tony Roma?s

14. 7-11

15. Suzy Shier

16. Aldo

17. Wendy?s

18. Walmart

And countless other service and retail vendors across Canada.

How do I find these great jobs?!

The Canadian Organization of Professional Secret Shoppers (COPSS) is a one-stop resource for individuals seeking to become full- or part-time Paid Shoppers. Recognized as the Canada's #1 resource and education center for Canadian Secret Shoppers, The Canadian Organization of Professional Secret Shoppers has successfully helped hundreds of men and women fulfill their dream of getting paid to shop.

Getting started is easy, and you could be making money almost immediately! Simply join The COPSS, and you will be given instant online access to everything you need to get started right away. For a low one-time membership fee, you receive a lifetime Membership to The COPSS. Your COPSS Membership includes a lifetime of unlimited access to our EXTENSIVE 100 PAGE GUIDE TO BECOMING A SECRET SHOPPER IN CANADA!

The first thing you need to do to become a secret shopper is apply with as many secret shopping companies who are hiring new shoppers as you can. You are probably now asking yourself: how do I find these companies? The COPSS will connect you directly with them!! You will learn exactly, step-by-step, how to begin and succeed as a full- or part-time Mystery Shopper with access to a generous list of of 100 companies that are currently hiring secret shoppers all across Canada!! You will be given direct access to each of these company's online applications so that you can apply with them immediately. As a COPSS Member, this information is at your fingertips 24 hours a day! There are absolutely no additional monthly dues, hidden fees, or anything more to buy! Everything you need is included in the guide!

OUR GUIDE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR NEW SHOPPERS:

1. Important skills that will give you an advantage over other applicants

2. Access to educational programs so that you can learn how to become a certified Secret Shopper

3. How to complete an assignment and the report (including tips on how to avoid common mistakes and access to a sample report so that you can see the types of questions you will be expected to answer)

4. How to apply to a mystery shopping company (including links to more than 100 company?s applications)

5. Sign up to have new assignments emailed to you when they become available in your area

6. Access to 8 online bulletin boards which post new assignments across Canada

7. How to select assignments to make sure you are making as much money as possible

8. How to get better assignments and increase your pay

9. How to take advantage of being an independent contractor at tax time and deduct your home office, equipment (including computer, fax machine, cell phone etc..) and educational costs (including your COPSS membership) as a business expense!

Super Bonus

Our extensive 100 page guide to secret shopping also contains the following information on obtaining work in two industries related to shopping, the Merchandising and Market Research Industries. You will learn how to participate in:

Surveys: Our guide provides access to 70 companies who will pay you up to $60 to complete online surveys from the comfort of your own home (you could start filling our surveys and earn back the cost of your membership today!)

Focus Groups and Research Projects: Our guide provides access to apply with 175 companies who will pay you up to $150 for participating in Focus Groups (you will be asked to discuss your opinions and views on various issues in an informal setting for 2-4 hours)

Merchandising: Our guide provides access to apply with 25 companies who are hiring Merchandisers across Canada (merchandising consists of various activities including handing out free samples, setting up displays, demonstrating products etc..) including access to a bulletin board on which new assignments across Canada are continually posted.

Getting Paid to Drive your Car: Our guide provides access to apply with 8 companies who will pay you to drive your car. These companies will pay you up to $500/month if you are willing to place a removable advertisement on your car (some companies will even provide a car for your personal use at no char

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
While a lot of companies use "secret shoppers," most of these folks work for the company itself. I don't know how many of these organizations actually outsource this type of work. As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't have to pay a company to work there. If this company were to find you work, it will probably be few and far between. Personally, I would pass on this...that's just me, though.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
sanjuro said:
what i haven't figure is how the secret shopper scammers make money. I guess you have to send in $39.99 for the information on how to become a secret shopper...
yup, definately a scam...

most "job opportunities" that ask you to put money up front are scams...

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
ALEXIS_DH said:
most "job opportunities" that ask you to put money up front are scams....

i agree with you...

i am looking for some kind of job in whistler so later i can get visa and later be citizen of canada, but first i must find some good job
i am trying to find job which one is about bicycle, but i can not find any thing :(

maybe there is something on this site but i can not open it
http://www.whistler-bc.com/

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Downhiller said:
i agree with you...

i am looking for some kind of job in whistler so later i can get visa and later be citizen of canada, but first i must find some good job
i am trying to find job which one is about bicycle, but i can not find any thing :(

maybe there is something on this site but i can not open it
http://www.whistler-bc.com/
You a little late in the season for bike stuff..... But the village is staffed with people from all over the world. So they must have some info on work visas.....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Most large ski resorts have special visas for students from abroad to take time off and work for the winter. I know every resort in colorado does this, they even have special visas for this type of seasonal work. Whistler does this as well, as do most other BC resorts.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
maybe one day some one will make company: "buy and try as much fr/dh bikes you want and you can keep everything you buy" :)

and that would not be a scam--real deal (maybe one day,,,,maybe hehe)

ps. i dont want just job i was planing to move to Canada and live there (buy house etc.)...