Quantcast

scam?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
So I've got a frame for sale over on Roadbikereview...been going back and forth with this guy for a little bit. At first it seemed, legit, then not so much. Now, well...if it looks like ****, smells like ****...

Everything tells me this is a scam, but I never realized that the 'scammers' replied to e-mails. I always figured it was some sort of bot.

what do you think?
him said:
> Cannondale System Six SI frame/ fork/ headset/ stem - 56cm - $1000
>
> hello, im interested , pls get back to me asap.max
>
> zip 32066
>
>
contact me via my email maxwell.gold@yahoo.com
>
> http://classifieds.roadbikereview.com/showproduct.php?product=9081
me said:
Hey Max, got any questions or anything? Shipping would be roughly $30 to
Florida.

Thanks,
Dustin
him said:
pls what is your final bargain price,i have an arrangement with my shipper.
me said:
$700

Thanks,
Dustin
him said:
im okay with the price,my shipper is going to meet you at your residence to collect my bike,my wife is a banker she will send you your money via certified cashier check with the shippers funds included, so you cash it and pay the shipper so he can ship my bike and other things i bought in good time.
pls send me you full name and postal address so i can send the funds to you asap.

Thanks in anticipation.
hell, i don't even know why i'm posting this. of course it's a scam.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah, thats a classic scam, they could give two Sh!ts about the bike, they just want you to send them money, tell him to send the money order, when you get it, reply that teh FBI was very interested!!!!! He will end up telling you something like.... the money order will be for 5k, please wire back the remainder as soon as possible.... blah blah blah..... The money orders look pretty cheezy!!!!! Always fun to pull out for a good laugh with friends