Quantcast

scenes from Taipei show, now officially Taip-E

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
If you ever make it there, and if you happen to have a spot in the Taipei Cycle Show, please grab some pictures of those truly weird and unthinkable Chinese bike contraptions. I love to see how those guys try to grab an unexploited niche in the market with impossible stuff.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
If you ever make it there, and if you happen to have a spot in the Taipei Cycle Show, please grab some pictures of those truly weird and unthinkable Chinese bike contraptions. I love to see how those guys try to grab an unexploited niche in the market with impossible stuff.
Well. I made it HERE. But who knew typhoons could hang a hard right like that?

Help me Mr Wizard, get me outta here.

Oh, and why can't I make bikes in 'murica again???

storm track right.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
6D50BC1D-D0DE-4AE3-A0E5-740497A07D73.jpeg
Then there’s the righty. With the lefty on the front and the righty on the rear??? I know it’s just physics and stuff but “I DID THE MATH”

8165524F-B11D-4834-9C6A-0727D6AF33D3.jpeg

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Cue mike levy and the rest of the shills at pinkbike with the yearly review of "look at the weird stuff these slants (who make all of our stuff) have come up with this year! Let's all laugh at them!" FUCK YOU.

Last edited:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Cue mike levy and the rest of the shills at pinkbike with the yearly review of "look at the weird stuff these slants (who make all of our stuff) have come up with this year! Let's all laugh at them!" FUCK YOU.
Well here’s my favorite of the show, those damn slant Brits, I will laugh at them, fart in their general direction and show my private parts to their aunties

And if they persist, I shall taunt them a second time. My ability to make fun of knows no racial or nationalist boundaries

This “pedelec” was “styled by a former McLaren designer” (have you seen McLaren’s F1 results lately?) and will hit 150kph

It was designed for the elderly and infirm that might otherwise be unable to ride
AF79A434-1EC0-4410-9899-BC8ABE237AED.jpeg

02A054C5-E0B0-4E64-867D-36C802E8E268.jpeg

03F7BAEE-0086-4115-BDC4-F2B2DF3A7AE3.jpeg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well here’s my favorite of the show, those damn slant Brits, I will laugh at them, fart in their general direction and show my private parts to their aunties

And if they persist, I shall taunt them a second time. My ability to make fun of knows no racial or nationalist boundaries

This “pedelec” was “styled by a former McLaren designer” (have you seen McLaren’s F1 results lately?) and will hit 150kph

It was designed for the elderly and infirm that might otherwise be unable to ride
View attachment 131321
View attachment 131322
View attachment 131323
Some details kinda remind me of this gem:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I've always said Taiwan is an engineer's playground. You can get absolutely anything made, and they probably already do.

Lugs, anyone?
lugs.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Is the show as depressing as it looks in the images?
It sure can be. Endless row upon row of shit you never would want and not sure why anyone would, but they seem to sell it to somebody.

The depressing part is that a majority of these booths are dead. People sitting in the back, playing on their phones, avoiding eye contact because they're embarrassed, or worse, trying desperately to make eye contact as you walk by with a polite smile and nod of the head, slightly quickening your pace lest they interpret your slight show of decorum to be a sign of interest.

This show is the most "core" of them all, the majority being producers/factories that have no brand of their own but depend on customer business (as in, customers like every brand you can think of). It's a little different from Euro or Interbike, where there is still a small core contingent, but mostly brands exhibiting.

This also means that unless you're pretty brushed up on your Mandarin, good luck communicating with most of them. which is where the ubiquitous Trading Company has come in. An english speaking middle man to give you some communication and assurances while dealing with a country half a world away.

Anyway, it helps to know what you are there for, have some friends to visit and familiar faces to see.

I also amuse myself with extreme sleep deprivation as I wander the halls looking for funny stuff. Because, I like to make fun of people.

Like this award winning suspension seatpost. Yes, this was in the "awards" hall. I am more making fun of the people that gave the award for this.

susp seat post.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Here is a popular booth of E things, with one hopeful occupant peering out expectantly waiting for the torrent of customers that must want this.

This was a large, expensive, well laid out booth. Nobody cared.
ethings.jpg

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They're the same measurements on any bike with a headtube and a BB shell you thick cunt

Happy christmas!