Quantcast

Schaeffer Farm opening date?

Discussion in 'The South' started by stumpjump, Mar 12, 2008.

1. stumpjump

stumpjump Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Just checking to see if anyone has any information as to the opening date of schaeffer park? I want to start getting ready for the season, but the one time I drove by there during the day the gate was closed.:imstupid:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Sir_Crackien

Sir_Crackien Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    its normally around the end of april but if anyone has a better date then that please share as i love riding that place myself

3. pirate28

pirate28 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Hey guys... Try posting stuff like this in the new Mid Atlantic forum. :cheers:

4. Del

Del Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Is any part of the area open at all to pedestrians? My wife and I will be going up to Germantown to drop my bike off at Avalon Cycles and I'd like to bring my dog to play in one of the fields at the Farms. I won't have my bike or anything - I just want to walk around with my wife and my dog.

5. Sir_Crackien

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    no one would care it you did. just be sure the notice the bikers as the place is very fast.

6. Del

Del Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    As long as we can gain access to the parking lot we'll be okay. I'm not going to be hiking on the trails - I'm looking more to get out to one of the big fields around there with as little walking as possible. Hiking is for squares.

7. Sir_Crackien

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    well you in luck because right across from the main trail entrance is a huge field

8. Sir_Crackien

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    BTW the trail is NOW OPEN!

i was up there today

9. matt2991

matt2991 penishead

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I was there today too sir crackin. Where you the guy riding with that other guy. Like silver bike. I was the person in the navy sweatshirt blue skate lif and jamis komodo

10. Sir_Crackien

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    yeah that was probably me. i was riding a orange voodoo xc bike and the other guy was riding a raw silver cannondale prophet

11. matt2991

matt2991 penishead

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    ya then I saw you. do you race Xc? I wanna start this summer. Racing DH looks fun, but if I get a DH bike i would only get to ride it like 6 times a year. Shaffer is a blast. Gambrill and the watershed are my favorite.

12. Sir_Crackien

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    never raced xc much. i'm trying to get into endurance racing this year if i ever get into shape for it :crazy:.

all in all xc racing is all about how fast can you pedal for how long. where as endurance racing is all about pacing yourself so you can ride the next lap. on of the best places to train are schaffer and wakefield. they allow you to maintain a high enough speed to actually work you out on the right way.