Quantcast

Schaeffer Farm opening date?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Just checking to see if anyone has any information as to the opening date of schaeffer park? I want to start getting ready for the season, but the one time I drove by there during the day the gate was closed.:imstupid:

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Is any part of the area open at all to pedestrians? My wife and I will be going up to Germantown to drop my bike off at Avalon Cycles and I'd like to bring my dog to play in one of the fields at the Farms. I won't have my bike or anything - I just want to walk around with my wife and my dog.

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
no one would care it you did. just be sure the notice the bikers as the place is very fast.
As long as we can gain access to the parking lot we'll be okay. I'm not going to be hiking on the trails - I'm looking more to get out to one of the big fields around there with as little walking as possible. Hiking is for squares.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I was there today too sir crackin. Where you the guy riding with that other guy. Like silver bike. I was the person in the navy sweatshirt blue skate lif and jamis komodo

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
ya then I saw you. do you race Xc? I wanna start this summer. Racing DH looks fun, but if I get a DH bike i would only get to ride it like 6 times a year. Shaffer is a blast. Gambrill and the watershed are my favorite.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
never raced xc much. i'm trying to get into endurance racing this year if i ever get into shape for it :crazy:.

all in all xc racing is all about how fast can you pedal for how long. where as endurance racing is all about pacing yourself so you can ride the next lap. on of the best places to train are schaffer and wakefield. they allow you to maintain a high enough speed to actually work you out on the right way.