Quantcast

Scheiß drauf, Freitag

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm awake because? No idea. Whatever. Done with work around 2:45pm today because I need to drive out to the track to get Haley and the kart by 4pm.

One of the unexpected aspects of the new job is that it's nonexempt, so I get OT. I had half the day off yesterday, but came back early to finish the training program, which I normally would not have gotten paid for. Instead, I'll be getting paid. It has its up- and downsides, but I'll be getting an extra couple grand this year for the same amount of time I spend working anyways.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
went to bed with a minorly sore throat

woke up 15 min ago with a majorly sore throat

(was around copious small, dirty people yesterday at preschool continuation ceremony. I blame them.)

I'm watching Baby Aya today as she has no school for some teacher education day or the like so I guess I’ll drag her with masked me to urgent care as I should get a strep test.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Welp looks like a day riding the ambulance for me. Filling in for a problem employee whom we would like to find other employment. Put him on a only if absolutely needed schedule :butcher:

Have to wait another 20 minutes before I can have espresso because I took my meds late :banghead:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At the Japanese bakery picking up my order, masked up. Throat soreness rapidly abating so false alarm?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

At work, feeling drowsy.

I wonder if the diamox is what makes me feel like shit, sometimes? Admittedly, I ran out and stopped taking it for ~5 days last week and all around, I felt pretty good (mood, tiredness level etc). But I reupped on Tuesday - had to bail on Wednesday's ride because I just felt drained, heartburn came back immediately etc. Anyways, just a thought. I will bring it up to the eye-brain guy, when I see him in the next month for my 6 month followup.

But anyways, hopefully today is easy here at work. Need to mow the grass when I get home. Tomorrow we are going riding for a buddies bachelor party (well thats what we're saying it is).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Moar shit to do around the house. Tire rotations this afternoon, job interview at 10 for a position I'll almost certainly turn down even if it's offered and painting the guest room. Never did get on a bike. :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
went to bed with a minorly sore throat

woke up 15 min ago with a majorly sore throat

(was around copious small, dirty people yesterday at preschool continuation ceremony. I blame them.)

I'm watching Baby Aya today as she has no school for some teacher education day or the like so I guess I’ll drag her with masked me to urgent care as I should get a strep test.
Jeez you guys are sick a lot. :D

Bread leader, checking in
Related: baking sourdough this morning. Mmm... fresh sourdough. :drool:

Moar shit to do around the house. Tire rotations this afternoon
Man... I inherited a Milwaukee battery powered impact wrench and that thing is a game-changer. Might actually start doing my own rotations.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Man... I inherited a Milwaukee battery powered impact wrench and that thing is a game-changer. Might actually start doing my own rotations.
I used to do my own rotations but then Schwab refused to warranty a set because they weren't doing it. While I find that highly annoying and inconvenient I guess it's easier for me to have them do it, especially since they don't for free. I just take a book with me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jeez you guys are sick a lot. :D
It’s true

but this one I think is just allergies. Or some very minor schmutz
Feeling better and now eating breakfast you say? I'm sure you're fine.

View attachment 212264
I do not understand this reference? Also was just picking up the order, not eating :)
You guys rotate your tires? Huh.
I rotate… between winter and non winter tires. And assume the tire shop is swapping out their places as appropriate

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wifey's birthday today. going to try and find lobstah to cook for dinner.

I just got back from dropping off my passport application. round trip was 30 minutes. should get it in 10 days. then I'll be good for another 10 years (well, 10 years minus 6 months since you can't really travel with a passport that will expire within 6 months). At which point I'll be almost 60 and either retired, or on the verge of retirement. :eek:

Last time I renewed my passport I thought to myself "holy shit, I'll be almost 50 when that one expires"... and here I am...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's from "Alien", you philistine.
Currently working my way through my THX boxed DVD set of Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection. The original is still very good, but very dated in some of the effects and future "tech". But given it's from 1979 I'll let it pass. Aliens (started last night) however is very good in that regard.

Toshi, you can borrow the boxed set if you'd like.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Up early to play golf with CrabJoe. First time hitting a ball this year and I shot 2 over; almost like I know what I'm doing or something. :rofl:

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I used to do my own rotations but then Schwab refused to warranty a set because they weren't doing it. While I find that highly annoying and inconvenient I guess it's easier for me to have them do it, especially since they don't for free. I just take a book with me.
That's some bullshit. I generally don't do my own because the shop does oil change/rotation service when I take it in... but the oil interval is about 2x what the rotation schedule is... so maybe... then again, I'm pretty lazy. :homer:

You guys rotate your tires? Huh.
:think:

It's from "Alien", you philistine.
Goddam Millennials. :rant:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
anybody have a solution for tinnitus? I may need to speak with my doctor soon. Constant ringing in my right ear.
Avoid loud and or repetitive noises. Ive had it in both ears since late February as a result of going off a medication. It's been slowly getting better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wait. @Toshi has never seen Alien?

Blasphemy.
have not seen it
Currently working my way through my THX boxed DVD set of Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection. The original is still very good, but very dated in some of the effects and future "tech". But given it's from 1979 I'll let it pass. Aliens (started last night) however is very good in that regard.

Toshi, you can borrow the boxed set if you'd like.
DVD? ain't nobody got time for that kind of resolution

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
anybody have a solution for tinnitus? I may need to speak with my doctor soon. Constant ringing in my right ear.
Could also be ménière's disease. Actually fairly common. I had a bout of it it 10 years ago. It was minor at first and the doctors couldn't figure it out when I said I felt funny, but when I cam in and said that I kept falling over for no reason it was easy. Thankfully I just had to cut back on salt.

Fun fact. I once had a vertigo attack so bad that I couldn't even stand up, but I was able to turn a fast night lap on my bike at the 24 hours of 7 Springs. Seems like I don't use my inner ear for balance when riding a bike.