Quantcast

Schleyer Drop Jr.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Anyone looking to do a mini version of the Schleyer Drop at the Tqalu? Would be great to have someone to complete the perfect beginner level practice roll/drop/huck feature while i'm takin a sabbatical.

If anyone is down get ahold of Mike "Sweet" Westra.
Colonnade@BBTC.org
425-241-7806

He'll get ya dialed.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I am going to be working on the 3rd jump line the next 3 days as well. We got the bobcat for another week, so it might not be the best time to ride phase 2, good time to build tough!

Jun 18, 2004
I would help with it...
I've been meaning to make it back down there but have had a few personal problems this last winter...
That's why I haven't been down there much yet. That and working in Bellingham every other week,

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I would help with it...
I've been meaning to make it back down there but have had a few personal problems this last winter...
That's why I haven't been down there much yet. That and working in Bellingham every other week,
That would be awesome. If you take it on, Mike can dial you into everything you need, and if you build on a weekend it's likely there will be a volunteer there to help assist.
It's good to help the groms. They are our future.

Jun 18, 2004
I've got Westra's number in my Phone going to call him today...

I would be working on it during the week around (the rest of the worlds) lunchtime...

I'm debating about riding at PA for the practice race tomorrow... (wb there Sunday)

I will be downtown to watch Soccer at Fido at 7am with a bunch of chickies...

That would make more sense to drive to the Colonade than PA after that

(I see Westra will be at the Collonade at 10am; I'll call him later and ask about this stuff)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Coolness. Yah all the materials and the basic design of the drop should already be ready for you. Better to have a rider with experience to dial it in proper.

Thanks.

Tim.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Drove the Bobcat for about 15 hours over the last few days, gettin er done! The 1st part of the 3rd jump line is pretty much ready to ride, the table top has been made 2x as big so your not so close to the wall ride. We still need to put plywood on the back of the wall ride so dont crash into it yet :). Also make sure you stop before the road gap. The jump still needs a lot of work so please have respect and wait untel it is done, once it is properly finished it will be around for many years for us to enjoy.

Thanks

-Kim

Jun 18, 2004
Got the posts in and it layed out... w/b working with Mike W on Thurs... decided that work with bobcat would take priority this past weekend->Mon

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Got the posts in and it layed out... w/b working with Mike W on Thurs... decided that work with bobcat would take priority this past weekend->Mon
Awesomeness, thanks so much for steppin up.

i know when finished it's going to be a great addition to the trail. And it's gets the project one more feature closer to completion. #12 out of 18.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Of course i encourage anyone to help anywhere at Colonnade. But if you would like to help at the Tqalu while i'm not there (i'm not going to be there as much as i was from now on), pm me or get in touch with Mike Westra and we can dial you into a project that works for you.

Jun 18, 2004
I was wonderin' if we could build some little modular kicker ramps to practice gaps on...

we could either leave them in the beginner area or tether them with some chain if you think some one would take them home with them...

little guys like 2 1/2 feet tall... or maybe 3 sets in 1' 2' and 3' or something like that?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I was wonderin' if we could build some little modular kicker ramps to practice gaps on...

we could either leave them in the beginner area or tether them with some chain if you think some one would take them home with them...

little guys like 2 1/2 feet tall... or maybe 3 sets in 1' 2' and 3' or something like that?
There is going to be a more advanced practice area at the top near the pump track i think. That sounds like something that could be a good idea up there.
You want stuff to be firmly put down in a park like Colonnade, there are just too many things that could go wrong with movable jumps there. That's not even counting what non mt. bikers could do with them, so it's not a good idea to have loose stuff out there. The loose stuff that's out there now is going to either be eliminated or placed in the ground permanently somewhere, by the time the park construction is over.

And just a cool little note. There are some talking heads that have complained to me that some of my features were too difficult. The reason i have made some more difficult, is i would like to see a higher ceiling. If all my features are all mastered by newbs after just a few go arounds, then i failed in my task as far as i'm concerned.

Well carry that over to the drop we just finished. Word getting back to me, that it's too easy! i love it, FINALLY i made something too easy haha! Anyways i'm gonna go back and lift the ramp 4 inches, it should be a relatively easy fix.

Jun 18, 2004
So when were you going to raise the drop?

You should email me your ph#... I see that your doing the Rieter pit ride on Sat; I'll be there and having a ph# for someone who will be on the ride will be a good thing...

(I was supposed to do that Pilchuck tree farm work party last weekend but mapquest lead me to the wrong place and I didn't make the 10am show up time deadline)

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
There is going to be a more advanced practice area at the top near the pump track i think. That sounds like something that could be a good idea up there.
Speaking of more advanced practice areas at the C, we are going to be working with Mike W this Saturday morning (4/19 beginning 9am) working on the new graduated jumps/drops. If anyone wants to help, feel free to join us. This is going to be similar to Whistler's Joy Ride practice jump/drop area but smaller in scope. I think the drop line will be 2', 4' and 6' in size.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
Str8OutaBallard, Nice job on the new drop over there.

It's good to see Colonnade pull some folks off the sidelines and into the digging/building world. :clapping:

Cheers,
EB

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'll be out at the Tqalu Sunday.

The Reiter Pit ride is really a scouting ride. The DNR is looking to do recreation there. Motor scooters are in deep there, and the BBTC is looking to get some mountain bike opportunities out there too possibly.

This ride is going to be a scout ride for many to see if they think the club should pursue being represented in the area.

i think we should, there's alot of upside. Especially considering that all moto trails will likely be open to mountain bikes. And considering there aren't any real mountain riding opportunities on that road til you get well over Stevens Pass. And there is going to be less opportunity because of current politics and the new Wild Sky Wilderness going through. Forest Service is giving us a new trail "hopefully" which is called Alpine Baldy. But that's really about it.

So i think it's worthy of mt. bikers especially in the North end to raise the ole eyebrows to this.

Jun 18, 2004
As far as Reiter Pit goes...
Though I live in Ballard I grew up in MTLK TERR in the 70's/80's so a lot of the backwoods stuff I can either remember or I've ridden... especially Stossel Rd...