Quantcast

school board shooting

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That pic is of the 'rebel' leader.
He was killed by a Thai gov't sniper while giving a NYT interview.

Guns: 1
Burning tires, slingshots and idealism: 0

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That pic is of the 'rebel' leader.
He was killed by a Thai gov't sniper while giving a NYT interview.

Guns: 1
Burning tires, slingshots and idealism: 0
didnt realize that was one of the rebel/protest leaders.

the people wanted a change and they got it. without the need for guns or a civil war.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah, I'm still just trolling.
Haven't owned a gun in 20+ years.

Didn't feel the need while living in skanky parts of chicago despite hearing shots every day and my Latin King neighbor, Angel, getting shot 6 times on my front porch.
A couple 90# german shepherds kept the riff raff away.

The only time I wished I was armed was after the tigers won the series in '84.
That was f'in out of hand.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That video reminds me of my favorite Dutch joke:

Q: What'd the dutchman say to the advancing german army?
A: Are those armbands free?

:rimshot:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Fixed.

I love the idea that a .22 handgun is going to keep the government afraid of it's populace.
So suddenly a rifle is more deadly than a handgun? Doesnt that undercut the whole stupid argument about handguns being nothing but tools of death when hunting rifles are legal pretty much worldwide? Or are you suggesting that a "military rifle" is somehow more accurate/deadly than a civilian one?

This is where people not knowing WTF they're talking about really gets funny to me. How about sticking to the "guns are scary" argument instead of trying to come off as knowledgable when you clearly arent.

Edit: That is a dick(ish) sounding post, and Im not a dick in real life, but you're acting like it's a completely stupid debate, when in reality it's nuanced and complex. There's nothing "ironic" in the fact that the guy was killed by a rifle when he may have been armed with a handgun. It goes against your point completely.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
This thread is full of so many fresh, new ideas and arguments on all sides!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
just for some extra cannon fodder :D excellent timing :thumb:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40713870/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

All three men pulled out pistols, tied up the owner's wife and took her to a back room, Smith said.

As they were trying to tie up the store owner, the 52-year-old took out a handgun from his waistband and fatally shot one of the suspects, Smith said. He then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the two other suspects in the ensuring gunbattle, Smith said.
i love anecdotal stories that come along at the right time to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Except for the fact that the KKK was founded by Confederate veterans, and the NRA by Union ones.

And the way Moore very slickly led many viewers to think that the cartoon was written by the South Park guys when they saw the movie.

Bowling for Columbine is one of the worst, most deceptive movies ever made. We actually had a few good threads on it when it came out in the theaters.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Except for the fact that the KKK was founded by Confederate veterans, and the NRA by Union ones.

And the way Moore very slickly led many viewers to think that the cartoon was written by the South Park guys when they saw the movie.

Bowling for Columbine is one of the worst, most deceptive movies ever made. We actually had a few good threads on it when it came out in the theaters.
I know Moore is a manipulative cunt. Im actually surprised hes still alive.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Well, it's not like he drew a cartoon of Mohammed or anything...