Quantcast

School Car Trunk Search OK?

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
At my highschool a lot of kids get out early. like me :cool: And you cant ditch from our school since its in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. so kid ride out in peoples trunks because they check IDs to see if you can leave. Today one of the guys asked me to open my trunk. Luckly I didnt have anyone in it. Is this leagal? I dont think they would be able to search my trunk.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
johnbryanpeters said:
The legality of the search aside, I don't think you'd want to be carrying anybody around in your trunk because of the liability.

Should somebody rear-end your car and your passenger get hurt, you'd be in deep feces on a number of counts.

J
What if you are sneaking someone into a drive in movie? Tell me you didn't do that in your youth...oh wait...they didn't have cars or movies in your youth! HAHA...just kidding... :love:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Well if you are "ditching" school I am pretty sure they are partially responsible to try and keep you on campus. SO a quick truck check for people probably isn't so bad.

The idea of a kid in your truck is pretty stupid as it is.....as mentioned before my post

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
man, there was a big stink over car searches at my high school. some kids were all pissed off and wanted to park off campus so their vehicles couldn't be searched. gee, wonder if they were hiding something.

i would sneak kids off campus for lunch, but they would just duck in my back seats (had a Cherokee at the time). never worried about getting caught.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
merrrrjig said:
At my highschool a lot of kids get out early. like me :cool: And you cant ditch from our school since its in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. so kid ride out in peoples trunks because they check IDs to see if you can leave. Today one of the guys asked me to open my trunk. Luckly I didnt have anyone in it. Is this leagal? I dont think they would be able to search my trunk.
We'd do it at my old school which had a facist attendance policy with a cop guarding the exit. We only got caught once, and that was cause they saw us putting people in the trunk as we left. If they have just cause (IE, they saw you stuffing people in the trunk), they can search, but usually they shouldn't be popping trunks and such without warrants.

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
blue said:
We'd do it at my old school which had a facist attendance policy with a cop guarding the exit. We only got caught once, and that was cause they saw us putting people in the trunk as we left. If they have just cause (IE, they saw you stuffing people in the trunk), they can search, but usually they shouldn't be popping trunks and such without warrants.
Your command of the law is astounding.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
They do it @ my HS all the time.

Juniors and Seniors have off-campus lunch passes (grades permitting) so we sneak people off all the time. Security is freakin retarded too, they play favorites so if you're a cute girl, you really don't run much chance of running into trouble.

School is retarded anyway. I haven't learned much more than bullsh:t in years and I maintain close to a 3.5, it's a matter of how smoothly you can cheat you way through. Me, I've been cheating all year... I haven't done my own homework in months, haven't studied for a test in ages...

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
merrrrjig said:
At my highschool a lot of kids get out early. like me :cool: And you cant ditch from our school since its in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. so kid ride out in peoples trunks because they check IDs to see if you can leave.

Wow, that place sounds like a prison! It's the complete opposite at my school. If I wanted to leave between classes I could just walk out any door even past a teacher and not get asked questions, then get in my van and drive right out. They do gate off one of the entrances but the other 2 are completely open. As long as you get excused for missing whatever hours you miss you are fine, otherwise you get saturday school for skipping.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
johnbryanpeters said:
The legality of the search aside, I don't think you'd want to be carrying anybody around in your trunk because of the liability.

Should somebody rear-end your car and your passenger get hurt, you'd be in deep feces on a number of counts.

J
Or you can makes sure that they die and say that they broke in.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
KleinMp99 said:
Wow, that place sounds like a prison! It's the complete opposite at my school. If I wanted to leave between classes I could just walk out any door even past a teacher and not get asked questions, then get in my van and drive right out. They do gate off one of the entrances but the other 2 are completely open. As long as you get excused for missing whatever hours you miss you are fine, otherwise you get saturday school for skipping.
My new school is in a smaller town, and they really don't/can't stop you from skipping out early. Besides, I go to school for like 3 hours anyways...3 CLASSES!...3rd Trimester, senior year= :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
all my friends had an hour off, but noooooo not me. i had to do varsity golf, jazz band, and regular band (marching/symphonic), so i had no off-periods.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hmmm...what did i have my last semester of school...

i can't remember. i know 4 of my 8 classes were for band, though.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
.:Jeenyus:. said:
We can go anywhere at lunch no matter what grade your in. No need to sneak kids out.
Same here. My high school had an open campus. If you feel like ditching your next class just walk out the door. At lunch everyday me and my friend would walk downtown to eat at Subway...

And I never got in trouble for skipping cuz I just forged notes from my mom.

D

d-sop

the Inbred said:
all my friends had an hour off, but noooooo not me. i had to do varsity golf, jazz band, and regular band (marching/symphonic), so i had no off-periods.
instrument?