Quantcast

School me on Jamis Parker

dabomb7

Chimp
Dec 23, 2008
Boone NC
So JensonUSA has these on sale right now, and Im in the market for a new frame. Right now Im running a coiler, and dont like it too much. Want something along the lines of mini DH bike. Thought I wanted a 05-07 Enduro but now that I see this it looks like a good deal. I dont ride very gnarl stuff, and keep the drops etc under 5ft or so, and would like to think of myself as a smooth rider...

Basically I want something lower and faster then my coiler, but now that I have looked at the numbers they look like they wont be much better. So anybody out there rode a Parker?

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not sure just how DH friendly the parker is...as in, it can DH, I've seen it done, but I don't think you'd have a happy frame after a couple of trips to your local DH park (unless you're super smooth)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
It is made by jamis, enough said-unless you want to warranty it more times than u ride it.

*fwiw, i live 1 mile from them, and the amt of bikes that snap is incredibly unacceptable.

The person with a parker i know is on his 3rd (using it for dual slalom)

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
I have heard about some issues with the chainstay cracking on the first production year models. I have also heard Jamis has really excellent customer service so I guess it's your call on if you can potentially deal with not having a bike for a couple weeks.
The rockshox pearl is a POS so you would probably want to get a monarch or rp23 or something down the road.

Another option for a similar bike at a similar price is the Soul Cycles Matador. A few months ago they were selling them w/o shock for ~$350. Give them a call and see if they have any left.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
My buddy just bought one for his gf to use everywhere, including following us around on FR/DH trails. Then again she prob only weighs something like 100-110 and is relatively tentative, so not really putting much stress on it yet.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
You should definitely look into the Enduro, as you mentioned, it's one of the best bikes I've ever owned......EVER!!!!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Looking at just numbers, I would imagine that a coiler would feel more DH-ish than a Parker.

Probably not in the price range you're looking for, but the intense ss2 is an awesome mini dh bike.

My brother in law just built one up and the thing is light, quick and feels like a little mini dh machine. I sorta want one now...