Quantcast

School Project

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
My teacher gave us a project where we nedd to write a letter to Govenor Corzine. It needs to be about an a way to improve something or something new. I figured I would talk about putting 1 to 3 bike parks in each county(a county bike park). I was gonna use reasons like its a great way for kids to stay active, stay out of trouble, and it is a sport that is rapidly growing. Does anyone else have any GOOD ideas.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Depending upon the level of research needed... you could do something on dedicated bike lanes. Might be easier?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
we have problems with bikes having access to the skate parks around here, if its the same there you could argue for their entry

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Research risk management and environmental impact issues. Perhaps cite volunteerism for building and maintaining the facility.

Check the resources tab here for a start... http://imba.com/

Good luck. Think beyond a homework assignment and you might just have some new places to ride.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Notice how people are so willing to help with his homework assignment where as pinkshirt just gets told how he is going to fail at life.

When you say bike park do you mean like a skatepark or a small (~10 acres) area of woods where there would be dirtjumps, trails, and FR/ladder stunts?

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
Notice how people are so willing to help with his homework assignment where as pinkshirt just gets told how he is going to fail at life.

When you say bike park do you mean like a skatepark or a small (~10 acres) area of woods where there would be dirtjumps, trails, and FR/ladder stunts?
No I'm talking about the dirt jumps, trails,etc.

definitley research how it will affect the environment in ways such as erosion, plant life etc....

i am planning to do this for my city because there is plenty of unused land and too many bikers building illegal trails and such.... early last year, myself included...

other than directly to the Governor, who would be the person to write to? Parks and Recreation?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
My teacher gave us a project where we nedd to write a letter to Govenor Corzine. It needs to be about an a way to improve something or something new. I figured I would talk about putting 1 to 3 bike parks in each county(a county bike park). I was gonna use reasons like its a great way for kids to stay active, stay out of trouble, and it is a sport that is rapidly growing. Does anyone else have any GOOD ideas.
You could suggest something new. I'd recommend you suggest the governor wears his seatbelt while driving to important meetings.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
definitley research how it will affect the environment in ways such as erosion, plant life etc....

i am planning to do this for my city because there is plenty of unused land and too many bikers building illegal trails and such.... early last year, myself included...

other than directly to the Governor, who would be the person to write to? Parks and Recreation?
I would but that isnt part of the project maybe after. If he writes back then I'll write to parks and recreation.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well, he is.

A post like this, where the OP is asking for ideas is much less offensive that pinkshirt asking for the answer to a stupefyingly basic calc problem. He's just asking for a jump start, rather than getting people to do his work for him. Plus, his post was written in comprehensible English, complete with capital letters, punctuation, and reasonable spelling.