Quantcast

Schwalbe Big Betty

zidoj

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
Charlotte/ Myers Park
Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4 wire bead. I have googled and looked everywhere. So where can I buy a set of these? I want to try them for everything but wet and mud on dh. Also I have 823s and might try tubeless but I'm afraid of dents in the rim. I usually ride eastcost rocks (snowshoe,windrock), I'm 165lbs, and I ride fairly light on my 08 devinci wilson 4. Is the size and weight the as minions,high rollers, or ardents? Thanks.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Any bike shop can order them direct from Schwalbe North America and theres no minimum or quantities needed so they can order up 1, 2 3 or whatever adn get dealer pricing.

Muddy mary is already out in UST have it on my bike and the big betty is also a UST have it on the rear wheel.
The wicked will is a almighty replaement and the dirty dan is a mud tire that takes over for the black shark mud and the muddy mary is still the most all around tire.

East coast Id rock the Big Betty, the wicked will is for more loose over hard and a Guey gluy front triple rear would be a good combo. They only make the UST in a triple though.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
bullcrew: do you think the 2.4 ust big betty would hold up to the gnarly roots and rocks the east coast has? I heard the sidewall wasn't strong enough and they blow out.
care to shine a little light?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sorry a little late then never!
Sidewalls: the sidewalls are plenty thick on the UST version, as well as the rubber composite that seals USTs from leaking is in and mainly on the inside edge of the tire allowing it to take some gashing and not have any real sisues. I run mine low PSI and slam the crap out of them in rocks, or whatevers there adn so far no sidewall issues. Not to say there cant be as Ive seen or been the destroyer of DH casings all things can fail but they are STOUT for a UST and not being DH casing.