Quantcast

Schwalbe durability???

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I was keen on trying the new Diry Dan for the upcomming rainy season but I am have second thoughts after looking at my Big Bettys and Muddy Marys. Even with the MM on the front it seems schwalbe's dont wear done so much as deteriorate(to be polite). Running the BB on the rear you can rear see how chewed up the rubber is with tns of lugs showing cuts and small bits missing. With my Maxxis tyres they seem to just wear down.
Anyone else have the same issue? I am trying to decide between a MM rear and DD front, swampthings or wetscreams. These will be my fisrt adverse weather tyres after last years disaster trying to survive with minions in the summer gloop.:thumbsup:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
They chock up but every tire I have ridden including maxxis look like the are losing bits here and there and the rougher the stuff I ride they all end up that way I have never had a tire wear down smooth or even LOL usually i kill them before they get to that point.

A dirty dan front and a muddy mary would be a good combo if its goopy, the rear will allow for better rolling and holding than the dan and the front wont slip out.
Id go guey gluey front (good thing dans only come in that) and a triple mary rear for the pedaling and run a bit less pressure in it if its rocky if its loamy and mud then up the psi so it cuts through.

I can speak from experience on the Dans (front and rear) that it is a viscious tire, its held o snow, mud, rocks and overall some really nasty stuff on some SUPER steep chutes with rocks etc and not once did I feel I was going to lose traction.

The other option is to cut the rear 3mm or so down to get better rolling.

Last edited: