Quantcast

Schweitzer Report

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Got back yesterday from Schweitzer and had a blast.

In MtnX - I qualified 4th fastest but only managed a 5th place finish. I complained last year that the MtnX course was lame with good reason. This year it was a good course, but way too advanced for my abilities. Still had a lot of fun even though I bruised my right heel trying to figure out the 7-pack at the end of the course.

In DH - Finished 6th in my class and 6th overall in the WIM series. The course wasn't the greatest being mostly fireroad. I did however get the crash-of-the-day on my race run. Coming to the finish line I got all squirrely and went off course and took out the timing light guy and crossed the finish line - too bad I was off of the course, so I had to grab my bike go around the finish line pole and cross the finish line inbounds. At least I got a cheer for my efforts.

It was fun hanging out with everyone. Sorry about all the injuries and broken bike parts. Congratulations on all the podiums.

Best part of the weekend - Marla Streb coming over for dinner and hanging with a bunch of us. Way cool person.

Worst part of the weekend - my $153 speeding ticket outside of Cle Elum

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
The beginner sport course was a different course than the expert and up. It was pretty weak. Somewhat difficult from a going really fast over lots of large rocks standpoint, and hard on the arms and hands (and innertubes), but i really wish we coulda raced the other course.

i had a good time, cool venue. my chain fell off on the second corner, so i coasted most of the course, and got off and ran the rest. I also smacked headlong into a tree, and burst my rear brake line, but it still worked the rest of the run. didnt even notice untill sunday and still managed an 8:15 and 8th place finish. Also, the chain was wraped around my crank, so i couldnt get my right foot in front (i ride right foot forward). I think that puts me in 5th or 6th for the season.

Next year's event should be named "The Idaho Flat Tire Festival"

SebringMGB said:
Next year's event should be named "The Idaho Flat Tire Festival"

ahhahahahaha, I am the only one that didnt get a flat outta my group...first time I ever ran DH tubes!...but damn that course was GNAR! last year it was rough, but I was told heavy rains brought out more rocks, and It felt that way.

My weekend was good, no crashes in practice, then my race run, I got cuaght in tape, a tree and couldnt get my bike out, took forever, felt like 15mins, got passed by 3 dudes, 1 with a flat, I heard him coming and just pulled over ........I pretty bummed, my time was so slow...7:17......I got schooled this weekend. BUT, i did meet a lot of really cool people, Kirt Voreis, Rich Housman, Darren from PUSH, Roger with ROMIC, ALL the guys at SRAM/Rockshox all super cool peeps! all helped me out and I reallt am thankfull for it....