Quantcast

schwietzer

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
I've never raced a national but I did ride the course last thursday for a couple runs. Lets just say the WIM races (aside from schwietzer) are the burt gilman and schwietzer is exit27. huge difference.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I didnt race laast year (and am not racing this year), but i remember for the Nat they split the age group up.... 19-24 & 25-29, thats for the naional part, the WIM part will still have the standard age group im sure.

Good luck man, youve been doing real good this season.

D

oly said:
I didnt race laast year (and am not racing this year), but i remember for the Nat they split the age group up.... 19-24 & 25-29, thats for the naional part, the WIM part will still have the standard age group im sure.

Good luck man, youve been doing real good this season.

D

Ill be there racing with a bunch of other 24-29 experts.....Last year the sport was really small...but who knows....should be fun either way :)

DrewS

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Bellingham, WA
PsychO!1 said:
I don't think they start splitting the groups into 5 years lots until 30+ years....but i could be wrong. I think it's 19-29, 30-34, 35-40, ect...
i was in the 19-24 expert category last year and i think i registered for the same thing

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
SebringMGB said:
Ill be there. never been to a national, dunno what to expect. how is it different from the run of the mill wim race?
There's a heck of alot more going on then your run of the mill WIM race.

For DH, practice and race times are set up differently. Everyone doesn't practice together or race on the same day. Normally Beginner-Expert practice is Thurs thru Sat and then race Sat. Semi/Pro practice is Fri-Sun and race Sun. The also designate practice times for different categories so Semi/Pros all practice together, Experts all practice together, etc. And I heard rumors last year that they were going to try and have a completely seperate Sport/Beginner course instead of intermingling the two.

The XC races are split up on different days as well....not sure what they do about practice though.

Nationals are definitely a good time!!! I'm bummed I can't make it to Schweitzer this year. That course beat the crap out of me last year and I was planning on getting my revenge :mumble: Figures that we'd move out here to the East Coast after the two EC nationals and before Schweitzer!!!!

GFXRACE

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
VANC. WA
GFX / Team GravityFX
racing for Shiloh cyclery in gresham
we will be racing schweitzer
2 in expert 30-34 and one in
sport 30-34

last year was sweet

Team GravityFX won a:
1st in sport 19-29 Joshua Kemp