Quantcast

Scientology's creepier side exposed once again (Isaac Hayes newz)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Chef's Quitting Controversy
Monday , March 20, 2006
By Roger Friedman

Isaac Hayes did not quit "South Park." My sources say that someone quit it for him.

I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything. Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. At the time it was said that he was hospitalized and suffering from exhaustion.

[/snip]

Apparently, Isaac had a stroke while in the hospital for exhaustion and in his stead Scientology quit southpark for him.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Did you guys know that Tom Cruise got the rerun of the Scientology episode cancelled from reairing last week?
Evidently the same company that owns Comedy Central also made Mission Impossible III, and Tom said if the showed aired he would do absolutely nothing to promote the movie, so they shelved it.
As if we needed another reason to hate Tom Cruise.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I just read that Chef is coming back to the show this week, and that this episode will take some more swings at scientology.

With as much as they mock Christianity and Jesus (sometimes deservingly so) those scientologist need to suck it up.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I just read a little bit about Scientology and Hubbard. I just cant believe that a smart man like Hubbard could take his own fictional books and make a serious religion based on them. If you read a little about it many of the concepts Zenu and the like are based, more or less, on his books.

Now I know much of it is a secret and they (the Scientologists) keep it close to them and their largest contributors. All these stars are part of this, some of them very sharp people that you wouldnt expect to fall for this kind of cult thing.

Personally I suspect that there is more to this than simple surface stories and such. I have a suspicion that it is Hubbard trying to teach a lesson of sorts. I bet once you get to the top level you are told that it is all false and that you were a moron to believe that his fictional books were actually true with no actual proof. I believe he may be trying to show how much people are sheep and how they need to wake up and smell the frikkin reality. Seriously here we have 70% or more of the world that worship realities that are told to them by books, books that seem pretty damn fictional. I think he may be trying to make a mockery of people that buy into it.

This is the only logical thing I can think of that would lure all these seemingly intelligent people in and have them so serious about it.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
cut'n paste king said:
Hayes didn't return to voice the new episode, but there's widespread speculation that the mischievous Stone and Parker used creative editing of his voicing from past shows to fashion new dialogue.
The show's feud with Scientology heated up further last week when, a couple of days after Hayes' blast, a scheduled rerun of an episode skewering Scientology, and famous follower Tom Cruise, was pulled without notice. A blogger site reported that Cruise had used his clout to force the episode's removal, a charge Cruise's representative denied. The next day Parker and Stone issued a statement promising more to come.
i'm sure this will spark up the whole digital rights thing too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DVNT said:
i'm sure this will spark up the whole digital rights thing too.
I don't see how it would. He was paid for the voice work, if they reuse his voice work from previous episodes to make new dialog, it doesn't change the fact that he was paid for that dialog the first time around.

The dialog is property of the show as i would understand it.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I agree but I was just trying to remember back, wasn't Cruise one of the actors leading the battle against using his digital image in film.

This was back when Brandon Lee was murdered and they had to digitally graft his face on another actors body.
I know it's not the same thing, but I could see some fanatical actor arguing it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think they would have more problems with unions getting pissed that people could be replaced once they had a body of work down on tape.