Quantcast

Scored a few good Clash records yesterday...

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Figured 'tis the season to treat myself. Picked up the Sandanista 3 LP set, a Beatbox LP, and 2 EPs. Unfortunately the Danish 7" was a little out of my price range.

Listening to the Radio Clash EP at the moment.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
dont know them. I heard the new greenday album the other day though. :stosh: i remember when people used to like them. (maybe its just me)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:
dont know them. I heard the new greenday album the other day though. :stosh: i remember when people used to like them. (maybe its just me)

:dead: X :stosh: X :nuts: X :rolleyes: = You

The clash is good stuff I tells ya

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
is one of the EPs the _cost of living_? that's got some great songs which never made it to a record, like "gates of the west" and "groovy times". _black market clash_ is also a great EP.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
narlus said:
is one of the EPs the _cost of living_? that's got some great songs which never made it to a record, like "gates of the west" and "groovy times". _black market clash_ is also a great EP.
No, but I have both of those tracks on a CD I bought a year or two ago and I must agree.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Records...wow...cool! I saw the Clash open for the Who in like 10th or 11th grade. :thumb:
we are in the old geezer club. i saw 'em on that tour, when i was sophomore in high school. a friend of mine's brother drove us down to shea stadium for the show. good stuff. the vid of "should i stay or should i go" that popped up on MTV from time to time was shot at the show i saw.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I never saw The Clash in concert (well, I did just turn 21, so there's my excuse) but they are one of my favorite bands of all time. They rock my socks off, and then back on again.

Someone brings up that they bought some Clash records and the next comment is about the new Greenday CD. What is the world coming to? Some peoples' kids......

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
You can catch the Clash in concert on DirecTV on channel 124 I think it is... :thumb:

It's in heavy rotation with the GooGoo Dolls and Elton John's concerts... :dead:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Yep... channel 124 on DirecTV:

THE CLASH 25th ANNIVERSARY
Much of this show is taken from an exclusive DVD documentary produced by Don Letts on the making of The Clash's groundbreaking third album, London Calling. You'll see newly discovered footage of Guy Stevens and The Clash in the recording studio, previously unused live performance footage and interviews with Mick, Paul, Topper and Joe.

Brought to you by DIRECTV and MUSIC CHOICE®.

Visit www.theclashonline.com for more information.

Don't miss this DIRECTV® FREEVIEW® event every day in December on new channel 124.

dirty punk

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
Hi guys and gals,

WOW, who'd have thought my first post on a bike board would be about "The greatest band that ever walked the planet".
Looks like I'm in good company here.

Have you listened to Joe Strummers last album Streetcore..?

Think all you old(er) punks would love it, the last tracks very poignant, due his death shortly after recording it, very sad.

Anyway, see ya round the forums.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I have a few clash records, and plenty of cassettes...remember those? Also i have the super black market clash CD that has some of those songs from the singles mentioned. But my treasure of clash stuff is a photo book called "The clash, Before and After", photos by Pennie Smith. Its from 1980... (i was 6 years old then...) The book is filled with all sorts of cool pics in black and white, with comments by the bands under each photo. Dont recall where i found it, but its something i wouldnt even trade for a set of king hubs..... same goes for my SUB HUM ANZ, CRASS, and RUDIMENTARY PENI records, but now i get off topic. The Clash will forever be in my list of favorite bands..... its a long list.....

Punks not dead.