Quantcast

Scott bike

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I just went to one of my local bike stores and found a Scott reflex 20, brand new, with an msrp of $850. The guy at the store is really trying to get rid of it and will sell it to me for $650. I rode it and it feels really nice. I think it is a real good deal. I sat there talking to the guy for two hours. It comes with decent components and the guy said I could always upgrade the parts as I needed them because it is a nice frame. here are the stats.
http://www.rewebikes.com/verproducto.php?id=1113

I just want to see what you guys think.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth

Weight: 29.3 lbs
Frame: NEW Reflex frame Alloy 6061 Reflex geometry
Fork: Rock Shox Dart 2 with Lockout 100mm travel reb. Adj.
Headset: Ritchey Logic OE integ.
Derailleur (Rear): Shimano LX RD-M581 27 speed
Derailleur (Front): Shimano Deore FC-M510 31.8mm
Shifters: Shimano Deore R-fire plus w/gear indicator
Brake Levers: Avid Juicy 3
Brakes: Avid Juicy 3
Crankset: Shimano FC-M442, black 44x32x22 T
BB-Set: Shimano BB-UN-26 68/113mm
Handlebar: Scott Comp 1 600mm, black
H'stem: Scott Team 4 Bold 1-1/8 / 7°
Pedals: LU-998-S
Seatpost: Scott / 26.8mm
Seat: SCT-10 SL Reflex 07
Hub (Front): Scott Disc Team
Hub (Rear): Shimano FH-M475-L
Chain: Shimano CN-HG53
Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50-9 11-32 T
Spokes: 14 G, stainless
Rims: Alex DM-18 D-Wall, blk anod.
Tires: Scott OXYD 26x2.0 27 TPI
Does it fit you well?
There are a few components there that seem a bit out of place, but Scott does make some damned nice bikes and frames.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I just went to one of my local bike stores and found a Scott reflex 20, brand new, with an msrp of $850. The guy at the store is really trying to get rid of it and will sell it to me for $650. I rode it and it feels really nice. I think it is a real good deal. I sat there talking to the guy for two hours. It comes with decent components and the guy said I could always upgrade the parts as I needed them because it is a nice frame. here are the stats.
http://www.rewebikes.com/verproducto.php?id=1113

I just want to see what you guys think.
Some very important issues:

1. Do you like it?
2. Does it fit well enough, as r464 said.
3. If you don't buy that bike, buy something else from that shop. I mean, if the guy actually chatted with you for two hours, then I'm almost positive that post-sales support will be solid and he'll continue to educate you over time. That's a lot of VALUEable info!

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
yes, I am in love with the bike! the size is perfect. If i were to buy it what parts should I upgrade first? this is the only bike I can afford from that shop though. they are all custom bikes and what not but this one is going cheap! and the best part is that he keeps it in the back room so people only see it if they ask about it, so it will probably be there in 1 month or so.

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I'M GETTING THE SCOTT!!! I am so excited! im getting it in about 1 week, and then we are probably going camping at massanutten! We have money down on it so all i need is $100 more. I should have that by this weekend because of my birthday. ill probably go on a ride on the C&O canal too. It is about 24 miles and very flat but the scenery is nice once you get to harpers fairy. WEEE!!!!!!!