Quantcast

Scott Gambler 2013!

Dec 4, 2012
I think the official price for the frameset here is 2200€ (but there's always a bit room for negotiation). Colorwise the frameset is identical to the Gambler 10 frame and it comes with the RC2 shock, a seatclamp and a Syncros adjustable headset (0 deg, +-1 deg, +-2 deg).

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Can someone post the pics of the rotorburn link.
i can't open them.

Other question: How works the adjustable headset? Is it just a 1 1/8 headset with additional cups?

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
Is that a Titanium Spring? Looks very short? Maybe not made for a 267mm Shock

Last edited:

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
Other question: How works the adjustable headset? Is it just a 1 1/8 headset with additional cups?
On "SCOTT Sports 2013 Gambler Launch" Video 3:37 you see how the Mechanic Disassamble the Cups. So no Quick Change possible

But i can´t find any Manual about the Headset. Hope to get one with the Frameset

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
On "SCOTT Sports 2013 Gambler Launch" Video 3:37 you see how the Mechanic Disassamble the Cups. So no Quick Change possible

But i can´t find any Manual about the Headset. Hope to get one with the Frameset
The headsets are the press fit kind and you need to press them in straight. The bike comes with 3 cups and one set of bearings and races. I would think if anyone wants to run them they will be to steepen up the bike for flat tracks.

Here are some pics of the headsets

http://www.syncros.com/syncros/global/en/products/2284420001/headset-syncros-dh-adjustable-50mm-black/

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@buckoW
Never seen a DHX RC2 with Bottom out Adjustment( Scott Homepage). And on photos(Vital MTB and similar) the strut is Kashima Coat.

Have the shock this Features or only fitted a RC4 for promotion.
Those were RC4 shocks on the product launch bikes that were later tested by the mags. The tune is the same on the RC2 in the production bikes.

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
Today ive got my Framset:)

And Suprice: with an E13 LG1 Chainguide und a Funn Arrow Seatpost:thumb:

The Frameset has an 83MM BSA

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
Hello!

With my Gambler 10 Frameset i got the Angle Cups 1° Top, 1° Bottom and a 2° Top Cup.

The 1° are pressed in when i open the package.

But no 2° Bottom an 0° Cups.

On the Syncros HP are 6 Cups with the Headset.

IMG_1671 - Kopie.JPG

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Hello!

With my Gambler 10 Frameset i got the Angle Cups 1° Top, 1° Bottom and a 2° Top Cup.

The 1° are pressed in when i open the package.

But no 2° Bottom an 0° Cups.

On the Syncros HP are 6 Cups with the Headset.
Bad day at the assembly line? ;>

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
here is a Photo from my Gambler, but it isn´t ready to Ride(i order Red Reverse trailseeker Pedals):
IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

Last edited:

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
Try Bikewagon.com. I´ve got my 400 Manitou Tit. for my Gambler from them.

But you need the Crane Creek Spring adapter to fit the Fox http://www.amazon.com/Cane-Creek-Spring-Adapter-Converter/dp/B007YJYD44 cause the Manitou Spring hat a bigger inner diameter

NukeProof stop building the 400x3,5 Tit. Spring. Only if you get look to find oddment in shops. 350x3.5 is no Problem to Order.

The only thing is that the manitou got a bigger outer Diameter. So the spring is close to the Piggy Back.

Last edited:

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
NukeProof stop building the 400x3,5 Tit. Spring. Only ive you get look to find oddment in shops. 350x3.5 is no Problem to Order.
But it will fit with no problems?
If I can't find one I'll order the Manitou with adapter. Thanks!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yes, for now i got no Problems, that the Spring touch the Piggyback. But i didn´t test a bigger Drop to get the shock full compressed

Here is a Cane Creek Titanium Spring in an Fox Shockhttp://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2013-scott-gambler-downhill-mountain-bike3.jpg. Maybe the CC Ti Springs has a smaller outer Diameter, but i dont know.
I have a Cane Creek Ti spring in 400 and 350 and they both fit fine. I also have a 350 Nuke Proof that fits without issues too. The only Manitou Ti spring I have is a 350 for a 240mm i2i shock and it also works without an adapter.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
If it helps anyone, these are the spring ID's used by various brands:

1.38" - Fox (DHX5, RC4)
1.40" - Progressive (5th), Marzocchi (Roco)
1.42" - BOS
1.43" - Manitou, Elka, Cane Creek, DSP
1.50" - Rockshox (Vivid), Obtainium

Nukeproof and RCS Titanium springs are offered in different ID's, so measure or check when purchasing.

Most springs up to 1.43" will work fine on Fox DHX/RC4 shocks without any adaptors, as the ID difference from stock is fairly small below that number.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
My frame should arrive in a few days, I'll measure the springs OD and order a Manitou if it's not of by much. Thanks for the help!

Squamish boz

Chimp
Jan 22, 2013
Well I just signed up to post about this bike. This weekend I was able to demo on of the new gamblers in the 30 build spec. All I can say is wow.. To the point that after 2 days I bought by own gambler20. We were able to do a number of shuttle laps on mt Seymour in north Vancouver and the bike handled the rough and rowdy amazingly. I really though that in the fast bermy corners it wouldn't do as well but the thing was like riding on rails Corning is definite pluse for this thing! I also got a day of riding some shot trail in squamish and again it handled great even when having to rip through some snow sections. Te boys at the shop are just giving my bike a once over and a few set up tweaks at my request mostly just setting up the cockpit the way I like and I will be picking it up tomorrow after work! Looking forward to a great season of riding!

Last edited:

Squamish boz

Chimp
Jan 22, 2013
Welcome to the :monkey: !
What bike did you come from?
its been a number of years since i have owned a full on DH bike. the last one i had was a super 8 and that was almost 10 years ago when i was racing as a teen. Before that I had every thing from a Norco VPS DH to a Marin team DH(even for the time that one sucked) and a bunch in between .....So im sure as you can tell its been a while since my last DH bike. I do how ever ride my other bikes, (2012 rocky mountain slayer 70, and my beautiful Chromage Monk) in execs of a 100 days a year and around here we ride are all mountain/enduro bikes like DH bikes. And Ive alsoa number of days on a number of bikes that I have usually borrowed from friends for a day or 2 in the park, including the norco Aurum, devinci wilison,some new kona, and a last years Demo 8.
Since moving to Squamish was a convert to the amazing all mountain bikes, since there are so many trail in our area that require pedalling up to it just made sense, but this year im working in whistler and for the last few year have been on the cusp of getting a DH bike again, (the park is just to much fun) so I finally just made it happen and took the plunge, about 10 minutes ago I brought my new gambler home!!!! And by the end of the week the Girlfriends Aurum will be here as well (the aurum was a very very close second for me, and the Gambler was a very close second for her, good thing we both ride a Medium). I cant wait till the snow is gone and after work bike park laps can start!!! I think it will almost make going to work tolerable!

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Yeah, Vincent is one of my favorite shredders around here! He is so fast and stylish. He finds lines in the parks that I never saw and I built some of those trails.

You coming over this summer, Ian?
I'm going to try and come shoot at least one world cup....really hoping I can swing it. I'm definitely due, and jonesing to check out the alps. If I do, you will be the first person I contact!

IC

PS, i'm testing a new 2014 fox shock for the DHR, and something about the shaft is very different ;) ....and much better

Last edited: