Quantcast

Scott Gambler 2013!

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
Ah ok thanks. I didn´t now that i can use the PF Cups without the sleeve.
I never got a PF BB in my hand, seen it only on Pictures.

Last edited:

Bill12

Chimp
Nov 13, 2012
Hi BuckoW,

Living in Europe, france, I have preorder the scott Gambler frameset.

Unfortunately, we don't have any idea off shipping date, do you know when the frameset will be delivered in Europe ?

Thanks,

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
What i found out, in the middle of January. But BuckoW know more.

Last edited:

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
Some are shipped already, but the last ones are coming to Europe middle januari. Talked to Scott and they expect me to have my frame around the 25th...

RickyZone

Chimp
Sep 16, 2012
Some are shipped already, but the last ones are coming to Europe middle januari. Talked to Scott and they expect me to have my frame around the 25th...
Does the above also apply to the complete bikes? I just ordered a Gambler 20 in Medium last week. I am eagerly awaiting delivery. :D I'm also in Sweden btw.

Thank you guys for all your advice regarding sizing. During the last weekend of riding for the season, I met a salesperson from Scott who'd happen to have brought a '13 Gambler 20 from the showroom to the trails. First time seeing the Gambler IRL, I was amazed. :D The bike happened to be size Medium, and the Scott salesperson let me have a run down one of the trails. This was a great opportunity, as I was able to compare my bike to the new one, at the exact same circumstances. The bike actually felt quite a bit larger than my '10 Gambler 20 in Short. However, I believe this may have been due to the new handlebars (800cm compared to 750...) and longer wheelbase (5cm...). Anyways, the bike felt very confidence-inspiring and felt great in the jumps - probably due to the lower center of gravity. Only had one very short run, so I was not able to get the full feel for it. Although I ended up deciding that a Large would definitely be too big. On the other hand, I was afraid that the Small would be too small. So the Medium seems to me like a good compromise. I have compared the geos as well and it seems like a good fit.

Last edited:

GekoES

Chimp
Oct 16, 2012
Spain
This is the slackest out-of-the-box bike that i've ever seen. And sexy aswell, i would like more parallelism between seat tube and fork, it looks a bit weird, like bended or something...

So nobody have it yet?

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'm almost certain Bikes n Boards in Stuttgart, Germany has a Gambler 30 in stock. I wasn't there to look for a downhill bike, but I remember glancing at the rear suspension of one of the bikes and thinking about all the controversy over the Scott rear suspension when it was first unveiled.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I'm almost certain Bikes n Boards in Stuttgart, Germany has a Gambler 30 in stock. I wasn't there to look for a downhill bike, but I remember glancing at the rear suspension of one of the bikes and thinking about all the controversy over the Scott rear suspension when it was first unveiled.
The shop in Champery got 7 DH10 bikes in yesterday and he is building them up now. Some of the locals will be picking up their Gamblers later this afternoon.

Dec 4, 2012
I'm currently waiting on my frame (it's supposed to arrive mid january).

I think I'm going to run it with a Double Barrel coil shock right from the beginning (I've ridden Fox rear shocks before and while they are not bad, the Double Barrel is just better).
Are there any suggestions on setup yet? Some kind of official tuning guide would be great!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Maybe you should contact Malcolm or check the CCDB forum on their homepage. Mr. Walker was also testing the CCDBair. Not sure if he tested it on the Gambler though.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Maybe you should contact Malcolm or check the CCDB forum on their homepage. Mr. Walker was also testing the CCDBair. Not sure if he tested it on the Gambler though.
Try the stock RC2 that comes with the bike if you got the 10. It is custom tuned for the bike and we spent a bunch of time getting it dialed in. I think it works very well.

I tested both CCDB shocks on the new Gambler. I preferred the air to the coil due to the progressive spacers you can use to fine tune the ramp. I found good settings with both but on the air I was a little happier. I can give you my settings but keep in mind I like a very firm and controlled bike. My setups are sometimes too firm for many people.

Here are my settings on the CCDB air:
28% sag, Small air can, 2 Large reducers, 9 small reducers
LSC-5
HSC-3 ¼
LSR-7
HSR-1 ½

DB Coil settings: 400lb/in spring - HSC:4, HSR:0.25 from all in, LSC:16, LSR:18

Dec 4, 2012
OK you convinced me, I will give the RC2 a try ;-)

Do you get full travel out of the bike with the CCDB air? Any trouble with mid-travel wallow? If it really works that well this might be a nice upgrade weight-wise...

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
OK you convinced me, I will give the RC2 a try ;-)

Do you get full travel out of the bike with the CCDB air? Any trouble with mid-travel wallow? If it really works that well this might be a nice upgrade weight-wise...
I am definitely getting full travel out of the shock and that was why we started adding the air can shims. I tested with Josh and John from Cane Creek and I only gave raw feedback and they did the tuning. On my own I didn't get anywhere close to the settings they had me on. We tested in Whistler and Switzerland. These are the last settings I rode and the ones I was most happy with. I had no wallow or full travel issues with the CC DB air.

@Trekrules - I'll have to go take one. I don't think I took one while it was on the bike.

Last edited:
Damnit Ben, you're making me seriously entertain the idea of getting my first DH bike that isn't a DHR in 12 years.....gaaahhh.....when are framesets available?
You won't regret that move. I had a 2011 DHR and totally love the new Gambler.

I felt a step change in bike performance and progression in my riding.

Despite a 2.5cm jump in reach I still felt the following
Nicer cornering
Heaps better in the rough
Much easier manualing
Easier to get off the ground

I went DHR L to Gambler L
I'm 6ft and mostly ride the Alps

JT

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Damnit Ben, you're making me seriously entertain the idea of getting my first DH bike that isn't a DHR in 12 years.....gaaahhh.....when are framesets available?
Frame sets are after the completes and I have heard beginning of April but I am not sure. Maybe try and get one off Brendan? I am about to send him some new ones.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Frame sets are after the completes and I have heard beginning of April but I am not sure. Maybe try and get one off Brendan? I am about to send him some new ones.
His brother tends to sell off his stuff on Pinkbike.

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
@buckoW
Never seen a DHX RC2 with Bottom out Adjustment( Scott Homepage). And on photos(Vital MTB and similar) the strut is Kashima Coat.

Have the shock this Features or only fitted a RC4 for promotion.

Last edited:

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
@therealiceman

When you Order it?
The delivery Dates are pushed Back from Month to Month. My Dealer told that the first Framesets are Sold out for Austria very fast.
I hope for you it is different for Germany.

Hope i got my Frameset befor Maribor open(~Middle April). I given up my plans to ride it sooner:(

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2012
The first date my dealer told me was early november (this was back in september). When I finally ordered (mid/end september I think) the november batch was already sold and he told me the next one is coming mid january. I'm pretty sure that for Germany the january batch was sold out sometime in october. I don't know how many production runs of the Gambler framesets Scott will deliver.

willi

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
I Order end September. First date from Dealer was the same at November. Maybe ive got luck to get one in January.