Quantcast

Scott Voltage FR info

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Anybody got some info on the Voltage FR? Buckwo recommended it earlier this year but I couldnt get any geo numbers etc and now I see it has come up on the Scott site and available in UK stores. I am on a medium Wildcard which I really like but from riding my large Maelstrom I am finding the larger frame and longer wheelbase much more comfortable and stable. I really like the adjustability of the Voltage but there are some numbers missing from the website. Anyone know the seat angle and effective top tube length? they are listing the reach and stack but I dont have that for the Wildcard to make comparasons. The seat tube length is still a little short for an all rounder but the xtra inch on the Voltage is better than what I have now on the Wildcard. The Wildcard seat angle is very steep so even when running full length seat height it doesnt increase the cockpit size for pedaling to the trails. I am hoping the Voltage in long will feel bigger. I am thinking that rather than sell the medium Wildcard and buying a large I might try the Votage in Long. I am
6'1" if anybody can help with sizing. While smaller frame is fun I am finding the larger size on the Maelstrom is so stable through even tight and twisty stuff and generaly I feel more in the bike than over the bars, I like it.:thumb:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The ETT is 585mm on the long and 560mm on the short. The seat tube angle is 70°. Check with a Scott dealer near you and they might have a test bike left over from the product launch.