Quantcast

Screaming deal on a backpacking hammock

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I set it up again at lunch. flipped the pad so that the head bump was by my feet. That seems to have done it, my neck and back are now in a comfortable position and I was dozing off until my boss called. I will try camping out in it Friday night which is forecast to be in the low 50s
A good pillow also helps. But don't forget to not sleep completely parallel with the hammock, You will want to being laying in it at an angle so you will lay flatter.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I picked one up at Walmart for 50 bucks.

Came with the bug screen, the rain fly, everything needed and is made for two people giving me even more room....... Even came with a sleep pad..... Terrible pad, but it's there.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
My first camp hammock was the ENO Double nest that came in the One Link system. I have added a few things to it over the years, like the underbelly gear sling. I suspect that the Krua Koloa i backed will replace that as main hammock. Never seen the one at Wal-Mart, I will keep my eye out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just like anything else. No matter how simple it looks it will be a pain in the ass to do it the first time. Set up my camping hammock and rain fly for the first time together in the back yard. It took way too long to get it mostly correct. I figure it will take five or six more attempts to dial it in. Tonight I will try and sleep well in

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
interesting, how well does the tent pole bug net set up work when the hammock is loaded with a human?
Pretty well, I didnt see anything to worry about. The poles are pre-curved so bending is minimal. The only down side it that it is not No see um mesh. The poles can also be removed to be used as a regular hammock but the bug net would need to be removed also.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I just can't get comfortable in a Hammock. I like being off the ground. However in the Cold they just suck. In the Eureka I can setup the stove to keep me warm. The snow piles up against the fly and seals you in... You can't hang a Hammock by the fire without ruining the fly or becoming a Hammock s'more or run a stove...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
I just can't get comfortable in a Hammock. I like being off the ground. However in the Cold they just suck. In the Eureka I can setup the stove to keep me warm. The snow piles up against the fly and seals you in... You can't hang a Hammock by the fire without ruining the fly or becoming a Hammock s'more or run a stove...
Underquilts and insulated air pads are friends in a hammock during colder weather.