Quantcast

Screeeech...... BLAM!!!

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
My dad and I commute home everyday from the base of Queen Anne hill from work each day. Little did we know that today was going to be different from the rest....

So we where turning out onto the street and all was clear and right after that turn there is a left hand turn we make in order to make it onto the main street. Well today we got out of the driveway nice (all was clear) but as soon as we start making the left turn I hear: SMACK!!! and before I know it our van is sliding down the hill on its side and I find my dad hanging in the air above me in his seat belt..... it was the strangest thing ever.

The only injuries that my dad suffered was a sore neck and back (on top of all the other crashes he has been in :( ) and I managed to get a healthy dose of glass in my hand :( so once we realized what happend (yes it was that quick) I looked down to see my hand bleeding all over the place and my dad was really worried that I got my arm chewed up.

The next step was getting out of the van, option one was to kick the windshield out (uh no) and option two was to go out the back hatch and get out that way which was what we did.

The worst part of the whole thing was that this ended up being a hit and run :mumble: so I was really pissed when I heard that. The fortunate thing was that when the bastard hit our van, it knocked his front bumper clean off along with his licence plate still attached :D so that was good.

Right now things are still being sorted out and I am still trying to figure what the hell has happend... I will let you all know how it turns out. :)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Damn, that must of been your Van on the news last night then. Glad to here you and your Dad are ok and hope your hand heals quick. Hopefully the police find that A$$ quick.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
PoweredByMt.Dew said:
I know for a fact that being in a car on its side sucks.
It doesn't when you're five years old and you don't get hurt :D

the only bad part was that we were on our way to snoqualmie pass to ski. i was so young and naiive (sp?) that i thought we'd still be able to ski. apparently not. amazingly we actually drove our car (nissan pathfinder) back home with minimal damage, most of which probably came when some people tried to tip it onto its wheels but failed the first time :rolleyes: