Quantcast

Screen Printing

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Some of what I've been working on:

This is an ELVS Velocity Deep-V rim. In case yer not aware, the Deep-V is a deep profile 700c wheel favored in the fixed gear scene for its durability and amazing range of colors.

On

Off

edit: this is a film based solution (not solution in chemical sense, but as in 'answer') for the retro-reflective rim.
Wait, are you printing on the rims?

:confused:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Cool!

What are you using to print seps, etc?

I'm still on the dinosaur Epson 3000. Nothing better imho.
I've actually got an Epson 1280 that a friend gave me. The opacity is amazing and it can handle up to 12" width.

The ink carts get a bit pricey, but its a biiig step up from the $50 inkjet I had before.

Just need to get bigger transparency film to take advantage of it.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I've actually got an Epson 1280 that a friend gave me. The opacity is amazing and it can handle up to 12" width.

The ink carts get a bit pricey, but its a biiig step up from the $50 inkjet I had before.

I am still using a damn lazer printer... not the best pos's but oh well... The reason I asked bout your halftone program was because my postscript version on my work computer is driving me nuts, and I was looking for a plug in etc. I had looked at Fast Films/fast Rip... but too much cash for us to afford on our school budget!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I am still using a damn lazer printer... not the best pos's but oh well... The reason I asked bout your halftone program was because my postscript version on my work computer is driving me nuts, and I was looking for a plug in etc. I had looked at Fast Films/fast Rip... but too much cash for us to afford on our school budget!
AVOID FAST FILMS. Yo only need it w/ a inkjet printer to force it to do postscript work and halftones.

Actually avoid US Screen altogether. I ordered some of their film and it sucks compared to Kimoto (my usual brand). They have their heads up their butts when it comes to ordering too.

If you are using a laser then it will handle most any postscript commands (or it should...)

Look into Ghostscript.
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostscript

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

The carts for my printer go on ebay for up to $50 a piece.

They are $70 new. Each. There's 4 of em.
:shocked:

But, I only replace the black, I've printed maybe one color print w/ it since I got it. It'll do 17" wide x 44" long in banner mode, so it's nice to have the capacity. $200 off Craig's List.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
*taps glass w/ fork*

Everyone, I'd like to propose a toast. To psp, for making the first funny of his RM career. Let this represent the beginning of an upward trend.
I would say it's an anomaly, not a trend. Then I'd laugh, imagining PSP trying to pronounce anomaly.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I would say it's an anomaly, not a trend. Then I'd laugh, imagining PSP trying to pronounce anomaly.
:rofl: :rofl: Must spread rep.

I bet you're right, but I did say "let this," as in "I sincerly hope that, against all odds, pinkshirt has finally surpassed his goats in terms of ability to communicate."

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
ATTN screen printing monkies:

I will be selling my little dryer. It's not fancy, but it works great for plastisol.

Looks like this:

Best thing is it's small enough to take apart and ship UPS.

Real pics and details later.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I remember making 4-color prints of the Billabong logo on tshirts back in high school. Fun times! All that stretching fabric came in handy when I made my own 92" projector screen for the home theater.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I love Craig's List.

New dryer. 230v, 27 amp. 4' of radiant panel with forced recirculated air. Needs a good cleaning (they get ultra linty) but it's in excellent shape.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SPAM!

I'm selling all my Rutland plastisol ink:

½ GALLON M-2 White
½ PINT HO LB Silver Jewel Tone
½ PINT LB White Curable Thinner
¾ PINT Lite Green Luminescence
1 PINT Natural Base Puff
½ QUART AP Soft Hand Additive
½ QUART AP Soft Hand Additive
1 QUART Bright Gold
1 QUART Bright White
1 QUART HO Blue #1 M-2
½ QUART HO Blue #2 M-2
1 QUART HO Green M-2
1 QUART HO LB Crystalina
1 QUART HO LB Dexopaque L. Yellow
1 QUART HO LB Dexopaque Magenta
1 QUART HO LB Dexopaque Red
¾ QUART HO LB New White
1 QUART HO Marine M-2
1 QUART HO Violet M-2
½ QUART HO Yellow M-2
¾ QUART Low Bleed Bright White
½ QUART Low Bleed Magic White
1 QUART Natural Base M-2
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Blue
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Blue
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Green
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Green
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Lemon Yellow
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Magenta
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Magenta
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Orange
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Pink
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Red
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Violet
1 QUART Opaque Fleuro Yellow
1 QUART Primer Clear
1 QUART Process Black
¾ QUART Process Cyan
1 QUART Process Extender Base
1 QUART Process Magenta
1 QUART Process White
¾ QUART Process Yellow
1 QUART Union Opaque Orange

Asking $175 plus shipping for all of it.