Quantcast

Screenshots from DSF

here are some still's from "Dirty South Freeride," a video i'm putting together of riding spots in the greensboro/triangle area. If anyone is interested in being featured in it just let me know. I eventually want to cut a video of riders in the G-borro area, I'm thinking of calling it "Greensboro Local" what'ya think.

Attachments

answers:
1) no i did not clear the trail with my rear wheel (hardtail pride)
2) motomike i'd be happy to come film sometime, is it possible to get a couple of riders out there?
3) the stunts are the seawell school trails also known as chhs, close to UNC.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
stewdogg said:
motomike i'd be happy to come film sometime, is it possible to get a couple of riders out there?
We had a huge session out here this past summer. Had people from Chapel Hill, Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem. It was sooo much fun. Just stick around and I'll set something up when it dries.

dhbuilder said:
those last two photos.....

that's some sick stuff, i tell ya.
thanks man, i apreciate the feedback. to the big gears comment, i don't exactly get what you mean by that. I ride a 15inch singlespeed hardtail with a 24" wheel in the back, it looks like a cross-breed between a mountain and BMX bike. is that kind of what you meant by "flatlanders with big gears"????

Also, not very many people have expressed interest in wanting to organize a filming session, is anyone free to session country park say next monday, so we can get some footage?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
holy crap !

don't even throw one of butches comments together with what i said.
(besides. most of us don't get what he means either.)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
he could be on a tricycle for all i care.(with no chainring)

but launching that bike over the rail and stairs, looks pretty cool to me.

extremely underated talent pool in this part of the country.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
i'd be up for some filming, most of the problem is that it's going to stay very wet untill around the end of Febuary as it looks now, so most of the spots are no good for riding, oh and BTW Zach, what oil is my Slider built up with? I'll probably have to send it back because somethings is seriously wrong with it. But I'm hoping it'll just be the oil.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
guys like Mike...that got DH bikes with 38 tooth chainrings and live in a flat area and huck it...it was sarcasm about huckers...geez...why's I gots to go splainin' myself mang?
Huck to live brah. :cool:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
stewdogg said:
here are the latest.
nice, i've been eyeing the rail-gap for a while. i'm kinda partial to the big gap to the left of that one if you're looking down at it.

i'm game for a vid session anytime. send me a pm and i'd be glad to meet up w/ you.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
hey, if your interested in doing a decent length, marketable video I would highly incourage a Manimal, little-Manimal interview and riding segment. Manimal has done a lot for the local scene (he more or less showed me all the freeride stuff around here and inspired the confidence I needed to be the rider I am today) and I always thought the whole working Cop with three kids, one of whom is five and does stair gaps, angle would be great for a real video.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
bizutch said:
guys like Mike...that got DH bikes with 38 tooth chainrings and live in a flat area and huck it...it was sarcasm about huckers...geez...why's I gots to go splainin' myself mang?

ah....you're just jealous 'cause mike's little baby legs can pedal his 38T chainring faster than your old hairy legs can pedal your 44T ring ;) :oink:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
hey, if your interested in doing a decent length, marketable video I would highly incourage a Manimal, little-Manimal interview and riding segment. Manimal has done a lot for the local scene (he more or less showed me all the freeride stuff around here and inspired the confidence I needed to be the rider I am today) and I always thought the whole working Cop with three kids, one of whom is five and does stair gaps, angle would be great for a real video.
<sniffle> i'd like to thank the academy.....

u so sweet alex...will you have my baby?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
manimal said:
ah....you're just jealous 'cause mike's little baby legs can pedal his 38T chainring faster than your old hairy legs can pedal your 44T ring ;) :oink:
please keep my baby legs out of this.

But Butch is jealous of me. :p

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
motomike said:
Huck to live brah. :cool:
don't forget to d.h. to live too.
as the bar gets raised, some folks fall behind the curve.

if you can't keep up, sarcasm and e-biking are an option, i guess.