Quantcast

Screw it! I'm going to Moab!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
We're leaving tomorrow morning at 4 AM! We'll be back Monday night! Be sure yo enjoy the cold and rain and whatever else will be going on here! I'll be riding some slickrock! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Borneo/Everyone - A full report with pictures will follow Tuesday evening!

Andy - I'll be thinking of you when I'm ripping down the singletrack while you're WORKING! :nuts: :nuts:

Skookum - When I get back, we need to hook up formally for a ride down at Lake Sawyer/Black Diamond!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Leaving April 22nd. Coming back May 1st.

First and probably only time. So, it better be good.
Hitting Bend on the way down and on the way back... :)

Got a place for Whistla in July too. Finally.

So, I can check those places off my, "must do before I die" list too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
Leaving April 22nd. Coming back May 1st.

First and probably only time. So, it better be good.
Hitting Bend on the way down and on the way back... :)

Got a place for Whistla in July too. Finally.

So, I can check those places off my, "must do before I die" list too.
Hitting Bend on the way back? Hum.....good idea :think:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yup, got in yesterday after 2500 miles, 6 states, and 4 days in moab. :)

rode slickrock and porcupine rim until my friend broke his bike. so about 4 days of riding. GOOD TRAILS!!!!!!!! just a bit cold yet. starting today is jeep safari week so its probably buck wild down in Moab this week.

Ynot

Chimp
Dec 20, 2004
Old tires is a good idea. On slickrock which is (everywhere) nobs arn't as good as worn tires.
The last time I was there I did a 6:30am solo ride on the Slickrock Trail. Anywhere in Moab the views there are one of a kind.
Amasaback Trail kicks ass technically and visually.
Tony

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ynot, we were going to ride amasaback, but my friend toasted his haro werx frame on porcupine rim. :( the guy down at one of the shops said theres all sorts of ladders and bridges/ dirt jumps up near amasaback, after the first set of cattle guards. we were really looking forward to riding up there. next time i suppose.

some locals ride slicks out there. its crazy

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Just a quick teaser before I head off to work. We rode Poison Spider Mesa, Porcupine Rim , the Slickrock Trail Practice loop (at night), and Amasa Back. Poison Spider was sunny and warm, Porcupine Rim was cold and a little snow (very little), and Amasa Back was cold and rainy then it cleared up and then it started hailing! Weeee! :D :D

Porcupine Rim was my favorite with all the rocky sections and downhill stuff. There were many small drops to be enjoyed and it was really fast! I'll post the lame selection of pics tonight.

I don't want to go back to work! I'd rather be riding in Moab! :stosh:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hail?!? I suppose that's what you get when you taunt the homies about the weather before you bail.:eviltongu
Glad to hear you had a blast. I didn't even go and I don't want to go back to work either.

p.s. - my new ride should be built up before I call it a day today:dancing:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bikeguy100k said:
A pic of me on Poison Spider Mesa, the only really sunny day!
Sorry to hear about the weather sucking while you were down there Tom :(

Did you guys shuttle Porcupine Rim? Details! I'm leaving in 17 days!! :D

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Snacks, we did take the shuttle up to Porc Rim. That trail was so fun! It was rocky and rough and a kick in the butt! Ohhh baby! Here's a few pics from Porc Rim for y'all!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Pics from Poison Spider Mesa. The rider is my friend Tim. This ride was full of deep sand pits. The slickrock sections were great, but the sand is heinous! I recommend doing another trail. We did do Amasa Back and that one is definitely a must do.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Last set of pics is from our drive over. We arrived on the scene of this rock slide about 15 minutes after it happened. All the people in cars pitched in to clear the road somewhat so cars could pass. A semi truck hit this rock and pretty much wiped out the front right cuarter of the engine. He hit another truck and it's trailer/tanker was hammered too. Nobody was hurt, thankfully. The truck driver hit it right as it hit the road.

The trailer was still there when we drove home Monday morning.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I forgot the couple pics I took from the Slickrock Trail! Geez! These pics were taken at dusk. We rode a little with our lights. If you go to Moab, take lights for sure!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Great shots.(Are'nt all Moab shots?)
1 month from tomorrow is my departure date...

Curious about Poison Spider though. It's received high marks from others as a definate, "do" ride.