Quantcast

screwy southridge race timing?

Discussion in 'California & Hawaii' started by skatetokil, Nov 21, 2005.

1. skatetokil

skatetokil Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Fontana was my first race and I placed crappily as expected, but I heard a couple people saying that their times were misrecorded or screwed up by the admin. I even overheard one XC guy saying that he had won his class and yet ended up ranked 9th on the score sheet after they posted the results. It didnt seem like things were particularly well run for the DH either. They had people shuttled to the top hours before they were scheduled to start, the guy manning the gate and the person at the bottom did not appear to be in contact with one another, and it took them a stupidly long time to get the results done at the end. what was the deal? did they just make stuff up for the last groups? i'm just racing for fun, but it seems like this sort of thing could be pretty frustrating for somebody who is trying to make a career out of riding.

Does anybody know about this? did anybody's time seem off?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. amateur

amateur Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    That's Fontana for you. Something was definately up with Fontana today though. First Donnie, then TJ. best of wishes to both of them.

3. manwithgun

manwithgun Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Let's not get a rant going just for the hell of it... save your animosity for something more deserving. I hope all of the NORBA "whaa-ing" isn't rousing a lynch mob mentality towards all race organizers.

4. maxyedor

maxyedor <b>TOOL PRO</b>

Rep/Likes:
    21 / 240
    you shouldn't got to Fontucky expecting NASA style precision, Don does a much better job than anybody gives him credit for. Yes times are occasionaly inacurate and slow to get posted, so you have time to change and get some beer and food before you find out wheather to brag or make excuses.

5. skatetokil

skatetokil Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    yeah. i had a good time without a doubt. the course was way fun, and big thanks must go to the organizers and sponsors for making it happen. . . I was just trying to find out if this was a common occurrence.

There are however some very easy things they could do to make the riding experience better for everyone. How bout a dude selling food and drinks at the top if you're gonna make everyone wait up there instead of down in the pit? Why not get a better timing system?

6. amateur

amateur Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    I'm by no means tashing Fontana/Southridge. I love what they have, but as all who frequent it know, there are things that could easily be changed. Fontana is more about the experience/environment than an actual race. That's part of it's charm.

7. lovebunny

lovebunny can i lick your balls?

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 19
    thanks dude. yeah i got a fairly good concussion. fractured my toe and demolished both knees. that felt real good in the e.r:eek: . nothing compared to donnie though. any news on how hes doing.

P.S. my knees were waaay worse than i thought:dead:

8. skatetokil

skatetokil Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    no idea, but it seems like the kind of injury where you would go directly into surgery.

9. W4S

W4S Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 23
    I think Donnie does a great job with what he has, but there's always room for improvement. I (and a bunch of others) think the course should end at the end of the last rock garden and should start at the old, higher start. On saturdays he could have one shuttle run from the gate and one from the bottom. There are a bunch of small things he could do to make it better, but I still had a great time this weekend, I thought that course was one of the better. Also, if you think your time is wrong, protest it. That's why they give you the chance, timing mistakes happen. I think Houseman, EC and other prominent people should get involved with the running of this series.

LoveBunny and BMXman, I hope you guys heal up quickly.

10. offtheedge

offtheedge Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    It's called "grass roots", people doing it because they love it.

The fact there was a dude in full on race gear helping make burritos, i assume at the family tent and someones parents manning the finish line is a reminder of what those races are all about. There are clearly things we all think would help it run more smoothly but talking about what we could do here won't get it done. You want to change something or make a suggestion, call Don, join SRC, Go out and help. All of us are responsible for making events like these work. I'm sure any and all volunteering is strongly encouraged and appreciated.

11. Ciaran

Ciaran Fear my banana

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 8
    Well said.
    Most organizations love to accept volunteer help.

12. skatetokil

skatetokil Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    ::hint hint:: AMBP!!

What's the latest baldy update? Any digging going on yet?

Also, any interest in a wilson run sometime around the 10th? I might also be down to explore someplace new if you've found any top secret spots.