Quantcast

SD... Any riding this weekend?

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
Orven said:
Within the County...

I'll do XC (be patient), FR or shuttle... just need to go out riding.

how about a night ride?

show up at 2606 adams avenue at 7pm thursday nights bikes beer punk rock(not the watered down newsckool crap)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
largerthan9 said:
how about a night ride?

show up at 2606 adams avenue at 7pm thursday nights bikes beer punk rock(not the watered down newsckool crap)
too cold tonight... like low 40's and stuff. :)

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
Orven said:
too cold tonight... like low 40's and stuff. :)
Just got back from a night ride at Mission Trails and it was chilly, but warmer than it was out at Bootleg this week.

I'll be out at Calexico Saturday morning and then I'm doing something in north county afterwards. Pm me if you want to check out the djs.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ncrider said:
How about doing some frozen shuttles at Noble.
Any takers.... MikeD??
Sunday morning...me and BMXman, possibly 2 other non-RM riders...any other takers welcome. Come on out!

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
MikeD said:
Sunday morning...me and BMXman, possibly 2 other non-RM riders...any other takers welcome. Come on out!
MikeD I sent you a PM.
Kinda late to ask, but any North Countians wanna car pool to Noble tomorrow morning send me a pm.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hey, I need to work out the transportation for this. We're going to need a few cars if everyone shows. Plus, the weather might make it impossible anyhow. It's not worth going if it's snowing...they close the roads, and it's not always even possible to ride if there's snow.

Bring REAL winter gloves, in any case, just to be on the safe side. I pity me, b/c I only have mittens.

MD

Forecast from www.nbcsandiego.com: Sunday: mostly cloudy with showers likely. A thunderstorm is also possible. Highs 38 to 50. Southeast winds 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of measurable precipitation 70 percent. Snow accumulation to 3 inches. Snow level 4500 feet.

Don't know if it'll be worth the trip. Might be better to stay closer and lower altitude. I'll consult with the others and get back to you.

Edit: We're going to give it a try, and probably go somewhere else if it looks bad. There will be 2 of us leaving Ocean Beach in 2 cars, each of which can only carry 3 bikes and 3 riders max. We have to pick up BMXman on the way, so we'll need another vehicle...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
MikeD said:
It's not worth going if it's snowing...they close the roads, and it's not always even possible to ride if there's snow...
Not necessarily true. We rode in the flurry on top and mellow out at the bottom. Brazilian DH and I rode that after a snow storm and it was blast. Well, it was a blast making him lead and figure where the trail was atleast. Doug and I rode that in the downpour and that's the best Noble ride for me.

Today, we had a hell of a time in Woodson in the pouring rain.. Damn what a hike and but it was a blast. GO RIDE and crust up the bikes! :thumb:

Ebasil.. 8:30 was a lil too early. I met up with mealsonwheels instead. Next time!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
We got rained on too while hiking up woodson and on our way down.. I mean serious rain and socal-cold temp up top woodson. It was a nice view on top...all puffy white 360 degrees. The rate I "hiked" today, I would've bonked out on your ride.

good times!

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I can't wait to get out there again (finally bringing a bike). I'll have the use of my cousin's pick-up so if you guys are cool with my shuttling with you I'd be happy to drive some of the time.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
Wow, you're making the riding in socal seem so tempting... I arrive on DEc 22nd, from the Australian summer to this?????