Sea OTter 2004(in pictures) not dial up friendly

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
derekpearson said:
not sure the rider

was that herndon's qualifying #?

Damn, how f'ing f'ed up is it that Specialized doesn't even list him as being on their team...? He stomped Chris Powell at alot of events this year and that's the guy who gets the article on him???

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
stoney98 said:
ET is local, we've raced with him for years, he was on my team for the beginning of last season. Try bieng a smartass elsewhere :monkey:
Wait what? i wasnt trying to be a smartass, i was saying you are right...

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
bizutch said:
was that herndon's qualifying #?

Damn, how f'ing f'ed up is it that Specialized doesn't even list him as being on their team...? He stomped Chris Powell at alot of events this year and that's the guy who gets the article on him???
I agree. Although I think things should change next year for him. He has allways been a great rider to watch race but this year was really a standout year for him. He really brought it up to another level this year so hopefully it will show for him next season. That and I dont think Powell really had the results this year that he has had in the past.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
last 3 pictures in order. Mike Town, Steve Wentz, and Karl Rogne.
very sick pix as usual...keep em coming/ any junior x pix?
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...wrong. the 2nd pic is Sven Martin, not Steve

just keeping you in line - ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Acadian said:
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...wrong. the 2nd pic is Sven Martin, not Steve

just keeping you in line - ;)
you haven't been earning your posts lately. No heavily researched links or anything.

I think you need to start a 6 degrees of Lopes thread and see if you can link every person in the US to Brian Lopes!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bizutch said:
you haven't been earning your posts lately. No heavily researched links or anything.

I think you need to start a 6 degrees of Lopes thread and see if you can link every person in the US to Brian Lopes!
wachutalkin' bout foo?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
derekpearson said:
dude this guy looks pissed off. what an amateur photographer to have caught him in such a disconcerting and oafish stance. The brilliant photographer would have airburshed a gnarly curled lip and put a word bubble next to the grimace of power with the word "HAAARRR!":angry: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
this picture should go with the litter mag hannah interview..notice where his fingers arent.
all about riding style. Some people are not comfortable riding with all fingers wrapped around the grips. Even if I'm not using the brakes at all, I don't feel comfortable riding with all fingers wrapped around the bars – I need to have one finger sticking out – hovering over the brake lever. I'm sure other are the same.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah it feels strange to me but for DH I'm trying to train my hands to get off the levers and use my whole hand to hang on, I get less hand fatigue that way...but yeah after so long riding with a one finger on the levers it does feel strange...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Acadian said:
all about riding style. Some people are not comfortable riding with all fingers wrapped around the grips. Even if I'm not using the brakes at all, I don't feel comfortable riding with all fingers wrapped around the bars – I need to have one finger sticking out – hovering over the brake lever. I'm sure other are the same.
Yeah I agree I can't really imagine riding full gripped all the time. I guess Mick is just Too sick for competition.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I love the feeling of my hands wrapped completely around the grips but of course there are lots of times when you need the brakes on tap. I ride A-Line like that alot. I wish there was a way to brake with mind control :D I swear you'd have so much more control over the bike especially in the rough stuff and over jumps.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
derekpearson said:
Wow, what brakes is he using that need 3 fingers, No offence to him but hes llosing a ton of bike control by doing that, makes you hit the brakes more often just so you can stay in control.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Scurry said:
Wow, what brakes is he using that need 3 fingers, No offence to him but hes llosing a ton of bike control by doing that, makes you hit the brakes more often just so you can stay in control.
They look like Hayes to me. That guy just isn't gnar enough so he has to use 3 fingers. no fingers= ultra gnar Huckworthy, 1 finger=sorta gnar stylish 2 fingers=scarce gnar factor, 3 fingers= curb hucker.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
snapshots are just that...

I'd love to inspect bunches of pictures of all of us. I'd be very surprised to find no errors in form. Even the best pros can get caught slipping for a split-second. I wouldn't read to far into the fact that he's got an extra finger on the lever in one pic...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
biker3 said:
That guy just isn't gnar enough so he has to use 3 fingers. no fingers= ultra gnar Huckworthy, 1 finger=sorta gnar stylish 2 fingers=scarce gnar factor, 3 fingers= curb hucker.

Actually he just landed a suicide no handed flip whip and was a little sloppy getting his hands back on the bars. :thumb: