Quantcast

Sea Otter Classic Mystery

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Ok, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this one out:

At last year's sea otter, my girlfriend wanted to race DH, however she had a teaching credential test on saturday and could not race Sport Women. Instead she some how ended up racing expert women on sunday which worked out perfect since all the practices were also after her work. She had no license other than the temp $10 a day one you can buy at the event.

This year she wanted to do the same thing, mainly because since she is now a teacher, she can't make the sport practice times as she's still at work. We now go to sign her up for expert women and instead get an error message back that says she needs a full time racing license.

Neither one of us can remember how she was able to sign up for expert last year, does any one have any ideas?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
To my knowledge only Sport and Beginner are allowed to use a one-day license. Expert, Semi-Pro, and Pro require a yearly license. Is Sea Otter USAC sanctioned?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hmmmm.. Well, we're not really planning on hitting lots of usac sanctioned events or anytyhing like that, she just wants to race expert since she wouldn't get any practice runs in racing sport and she wants to ride with some of her friends racing expert. I'm not trying to be a cheap ass or break rules or anything like that, I just want to give her a chance to ride.

Maybe we'll try to switch it at the last minute down at the otter and see if she sneaks in again.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha best of luck with that. Hopefully you guys can sneak her in again. You might want to try registering at the Sea Otter rather than online. I think your chances will be better to get some volunteer who has no idea whats going on. You might pay more for registration, but it will still be loads cheaper than buying the year license.