Quantcast

Sea Otter Classic

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
so, i've only been to sea otter once (2 years ago), and when i went i stayed at a cheapo hotel.
i thought i would check out how much camping would be for this year.
not only are the tent sites all out, but at 70$ a night? craziness. absolute craziness.

cheapo hotel it is.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I think I am going to fly back from VA for it.

Cheapo hotel some distance away is the only way to go. No showers, earwigs and $70 a night is bull cacka.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Tattooo said:
I think I am going to fly back from VA for it.

Cheapo hotel some distance away is the only way to go. No showers, earwigs and $70 a night is bull cacka.
i know. i just can't even believe the sites are sold out. that people are willing to pay the same (or even more) than a hotel room.

there are no showers either? that's craziness.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I was all about it when I went by myself or with other guys. However, the intrinsic benefits of having the wife close at hand made camping with my drunken, smelly, distempered self not really an option any more.

Perhaps a north state ride monkey room buy out is in order....

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I camped there last time, it was sweet. It was cold, and we lived off cold burritos, red vines, and bread sticks, and we were pretty dirty by Sunday, but it was a lot of fun.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
amydalayna said:
i know. i just can't even believe the sites are sold out. that people are willing to pay the same (or even more) than a hotel room.

there are no showers either? that's craziness.
It beats having to drive in to the venue and out of the venue each day.

Last year I rode my bike to the campsite....100+ miles fully loaded, it was awesome. and yes there are showers. And dirt jumps, and drunk people. Believe me, camping at SOC is the best!

The Ito

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
ito said:
and yes there are showers.
Ok, spill the beans...where?!?!:D

I camped 2 years ago, and swore I'd never do it again. We got stuck on a hill side so it was super windy and you were sleeping on a slope, and no showers!! But when it takes 3/4 of gas to get from Mtn. View to Monterrey and back @ $45/per tank for 3 days in a row, like it did last year...well I may have changed my mind a bit.

It seems like a lot goes on after hours, and I hate to leave the place and miss it because my lodging is elsewhere. This year I'm camping with a few from ridesfo.com, I'm pretty sure it will be on flat ground, and I bought a camping shower. VIVA SEA OTTER!!

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Showers are near Chapparral campgorund for one, prolly more....I hate showers and pee in the woods. Tinker J took a doist in the bathroon last time I was in there, we made eye contact as he exited. Woods for me.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
MVRIDER said:
Ok, spill the beans...where?!?!:D

I camped 2 years ago, and swore I'd never do it again. We got stuck on a hill side so it was super windy and you were sleeping on a slope, and no showers!! But when it takes 3/4 of gas to get from Mtn. View to Monterrey and back @ $45/per tank for 3 days in a row, like it did last year...well I may have changed my mind a bit.

It seems like a lot goes on after hours, and I hate to leave the place and miss it because my lodging is elsewhere. This year I'm camping with a few from ridesfo.com, I'm pretty sure it will be on flat ground, and I bought a camping shower. VIVA SEA OTTER!!
Um, the RV campground areas have facilities...including, showers(I think)! Also the driveway "campsites" that are way in the back near the old 4x course had portable showers.

Actually....looking back on it...I'm wondering if I imagined it all.

The Ito