Quantcast

Sea Otter Latest?

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
talked to a few guys who are there...it's a mudfest with puddles and slop everywhere...talked to one of the girls in your class and she said she thinks it's too sloppy to hit the drops...but I think I'll have to beg to differ about that when I get there...:) she said the mud is making it a whole different ball game...

that's as of about 45 minutes ago...

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
amydalayna said:
i wonder if i should bring a set of flat pedals. If there is THAT much mud I may have some issues clipping in.
probably a good idea to at least have them...you can decide after you see it at least that way...

Good Luck!!! maybe I'll meet you while we're there...

when are you girls leaving?? I won't be there 'til tomorrow...

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
If you see this thing...

Stop and say hi...i'm sure i be somewere close..plus i'm pretty good with tools if anybody needs a hand..

I think I be there saturday and sunday and hopefully i can find a place to pitch my tent somewere (I was not sure i can go until the last minute) so i did not reserve a space.

Ricky

went and test rode the DH course today and it was ridicolously muddy. The first few jumps were so muddy that almost everybody fell there. After that it was pretty smooth till the road. The fireroad was nice dry and fast and the stepdown was perfect. The shoulder jump right before the road is a no go, youll land in mud sludge and fall. (i did) Then the next little drop back onto the street is a mud fest. The bottom section is almost impossible to get around. The ending part is fast and smooth. hope that helps somebody, i was falling all over the place and i normally dont fall. It is extremly muddy but still fun.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
patineto said:
If you see this thing...

Stop and say hi...i'm sure i be somewere close..plus i'm pretty good with tools if anybody needs a hand..

I think I be there saturday and sunday and hopefully i can find a place to pitch my tent somewere (I was not sure i can go until the last minute) so i did not reserve a space.

Ricky
seatpost for daaaaaays!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When hear a New York accent telling someone off, but all you see is a Chinese dude who must have wandered in from San Jose....

byoung

Chimp
Jun 29, 2005
watsonville/south lake ca
not fair!!!! at the top where the first mud lake was (even though it was fun going thru it) for the semi/pro race there was a ladder bridge thru most of it. pro's have it good. i had a blast, anyone else?

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
patineto said:
If you see this thing...

Ricky
I saw you there!! Can't miss that sweet ride you have! We were all thoroughly impressed by your rig :)