Quantcast

Sea Otter Question

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
OK So heres the dealio. I am racing begginer DH which is on Saturday. I pre-registered last night, and then when I was looking around the sight and saw this:
"IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES:
Amateur Registration:

* Wednesday 12 noon to 5 pm
* Thursday 6:30 am to 5 pm
* Friday 6:30 am to 12 noon
* No Saturday Registration

Beginner/Sport Practice: Thursday 12 noon to 3 pm, Friday 12 noon to 3
pm, Saturday 8 am to 10 am

Expert Practice: Thursday 3 pm to 6 pm, Friday 3 pm to 6 pm, Sunday 11
am to 12 noon

Beginner/Industry Cup Finals: Saturday 10 am

Sport Finals: Saturday 1:30 pm

Expert Finals: Sunday 12 noon"
Does this mean in order for me to race I have to show up on friday to get my number plate and whatnot??? Because I dont think I can get there on friday befor noon. Any help is appreciated because if I do have to be there on friday before noon, then I need to find a ride from someone else.
Thanks
Tommy

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
ya i am riding a demo 8 with a 40 so hopefully he made the course alot more ruff. I also want to know what the slalom is going to be like. 2 years ago when they had the stepup at the end of the course it was fun and good change. hopefully they change it up again this year. Has anyone ridden within 4 weeks of breaking there collar bone? the 14th of april will be 4 weeks of me breaking mine, and hopefully i will be able to ride just not go over board. Seaotter dh is pretty mellow and slalom isn't bad. what do u think?

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
ya my friends dad broke both of his collar bones in one month. and they were both from biking, so you should be good. and as goes for me im healing form a broken shoulder my self

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
sweet hopefully that is the case, 2 thats crazy. i broke it a ggg, at least it wasn't 2weeks from seaotter like it was last year at ggg. is that you casing the campers gap.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I had to wait 5 weeks before taking my sling off, and over 2 months before the pain wore away when I rode. But my break was really bad.
This guy in Aptos was jumping at Polo 4 weeks after he broke his collarbone. If it wasn't a gnarly break you'll probably be ok. Just don't talk to your doctor about it...

SP, are you Scott?

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
SPrider said:
sweet hopefully that is the case, 2 thats crazy. i broke it a ggg, at least it wasn't 2weeks from seaotter like it was last year at ggg. is that you casing the campers gap.
lol...ya it was and i just founf out that all the pain shouldnt go away until the end on summer, and thats if i heal good. but i broke my shoulder in its growth plate and my elbow in the radilal head so i guess that is pretty bad

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
ya i'm scott, my doctor allready hates the idea but hes a doctor so its his job to say that.