Quantcast

Sea otter results

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yea real cool, haters hate because they are jealous... oh the sun feels so good!

sorry your stuck in New York bud, do you still have snow on your trails? :rofl:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I've also heard a quote from graves saying that he's used a FS for quali and switches to HT for races, that his overall runs are faster with FS but his gates are slower. I suspect its the same for alot of guys, and when you remove the gate/follow the leader aspect, FS gets more reasonable.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I've also heard a quote from graves saying that he's used a FS for quali and switches to HT for races, that his overall runs are faster with FS but his gates are slower. I suspect its the same for alot of guys, and when you remove the gate/follow the leader aspect, FS gets more reasonable.
I was noticing how clapped out the course gets after a couple days of racing. The berms aren't exactly smooth by the final...

Everyone says the gate really sucks.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I was noticing how clapped out the course gets after a couple days of racing. The berms aren't exactly smooth by the final...

Everyone says the gate really sucks.
For "real" good dual slalom courses most Pros would choose a Fully over a hardtail. You are right - that course does get fast and choppy also has a couple non-bermed turns where FS bikes keep in contact with the ground, so you're able to track better. Hardtails are used for 4x because even most WC 1st straights are like BMX, so you can't get away from the hardtail - if that is the case. Guys figure if they can get a lead in the race, they can deal with bumpy terrain as long as they can be in position to block. Dual Slalom doesn't have this problem! In Slalom you want to be on the fastest bike from top to bottom, not just the first straight.

Last edited:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
shoot Butch, it's been a while! Nah I usually only invite contact when it is brought to me. I look at it like football, "The guy who makes the first and hardest contact usually stays up. If I see someone bringing the heat I will meet them before they expect the impact and use elbows to keep space between our bodies and bikes. As far as my pass attempts, I think that if you can make a clean pass there is less chance of getting caught up with that moment of drama, to have the guy hanging out in fourth to take advantage of the stall associated with contact.