Quantcast

Sea Slaughter 2019

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That would be fun, then I realize I suck at biking and have kids. Enjoy!

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Ran into OGRipper, always good to catch up and shoot the shit. Hopefully he makes it back up to N* this summer. I said wassup :wave:to rockofullr as we passed but he looked dazed, confused and on a mission with an arm sling on. Hope he's OK.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I know the injury personally and it's not fun
Just getting to the DH course and back for some spectating was rough lol

Not a bad one in the grand scheme of breaking yourself off. Some homie apparently broke his back/shoulder/ribs and is still in the hospital getting surgery to hopefully walk again.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Scrub, good to see you, even if it was too brief.

And Rocko, sorry to hear that man. Do you need surgery? I've got a plated collarbone from a few years ago. If it's any solace, there are worse injuries and you should be back on it pretty quickly. Even with surgery my shoulder was fine in around 5 weeks. (The scaphoid that I broke at the same time took longer to get right.)

And hey, look on the bright side: You'll have tons of time to spend on the monkey arguing about e-bikes! :D

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Do you need surgery
No cutting. Just 6 to 8 weeks of not sending it.

Hit my head pretty hard too so I'm glad that my brain is not noticeably stupider than it was last week. One dude ended up with a broken spine from a wreck on the DH course over the weekend. Not cool.

I've done the same collar bone once before in my high school days when I first picked up mountain biking. Over all it's a pretty mellow injury as far as broken bones go so I'm not complaining.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
That is newly confirmed black hole suckage, but as someone who is just getting back from a broken arm stick, those are a lot easier to deal with in the long run compared to blown up knee/shoulder/ankle tendons and ligaments (to say nothing of a super bad shot to your brain shell). Shots and slayers for you my good man.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
that guy is at Natividad Hospital and is paralyzed from the waist down...There is a sticky at the top of the NORCAL forum of MTBR with a link to a gofundme page. He has a wife and two young kids
That fucking rough reading what he broke. And seeing his Instagram filled with pics of his kids... Damn.