Quantcast

Seacoast century - ever done it?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Everyone [on the West Coast] knows that the East Coast doesn't have any hills. :bonk:

The Ito
Hell to everyone here anything east of Nevada is the east coast.................

It amazed me how many people out here thought Chicago was close to the atlantic when i moved out here.............

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
i havent done that particular route but one very similar, when i went to UNH. Really cool place to do a century. Relatively flat. Good route, although some parts of rt 1 in maine along the coast can get quite busy traffic wise.

a really sweet century, albeit with tons of climbing, is to do one around the white mtns. riding part of the kank, riding past mt washington, etc... one of the best rides ive ever done.

if you go for it good luck. youll enjoy it.

matt

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Hell to everyone here anything east of Nevada is the east coast.................

It amazed me how many people out here thought Chicago was close to the atlantic when i moved out here.............
Not to mention, everything is within an hour of New York City, Washington DC, Boston, and Key West.

Oh how my thoughts have changes since crossing the Mississippi. :busted:

The Ito

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
So MBC are you planning on doing this one ? you do relize this is the weekend after Ashford.

you still say that after westy flew up Burke in front of you ( and every one else ) ?
I'd say I want a rematch, but as I'm fleeing for my secret training grounds in Utah and Arizona I don't think I have much of a chance.

Ya, the East Coast has no hills. :busted:

jtdcg

Chimp
Aug 15, 2004
NH
I did the seacoast century two years ago. I thought it was a great event. It was mellow. Being on the coast it wasn't hilly at all...bigger challenge was couple hours of good wind. Really nice sites riding along the ocean and fun winding thru New Castle and Portsmouth. I found it to be well marked, and supported.