Quantcast

Searching Classifieds

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
Some level of search seems to work such as "downhill" for prod category and a region it will work but it shows all parts etc that fit those criteria. If I add complete bikes and frames it will not work. My problem is nobody responds to inquiries such as "where are you located" or "any more pictures". I've sent 6-8 different questions via PM out and received absolutely no response.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I dont think its ever worked in the classifieds.
Apparently it doesnt work here either... there is a thread about this same subject a few lines down. :):)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It appears to me that some searches work and some do not. Is that what you guys are seeing? Or are no searches working whatsoever?

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Would it be possible for everyone to give a bit more info? We need that to figure out whats going on.

-OS
-Browser type
-does it never work, sometimes work, or only fail periodically
-does it fail in certain sections and work in others
-Roughly when did you first notice it not working

If you guys could answer those questions with as much detail as you can it'll help a ton!

dbozman

Monkey
May 11, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Mac OS X
Safari
Has never worked for me, but I haven't been here that long.

For instance, when I was looking for a frame, I would type in a brand in the FS "Search this category" box, the page would attempt to load, but continually time out. Happened so often I gave it up.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
mac OSX
Firefox 3.5.3
has not worked for months, for example after searching "823" or "ex823" in the "Wheels and wheel parts" category, the browser just sits there spinning it's loading symbol doing nothing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Windows XP
Firefox

Hasn't worked in a few months. I used to search for "long" in the hardtail or "large" is full suspension and it would pull everything, but at least it was large everything.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Ok guys, after a ton of extensive testing I think we've finally tracked down the culprit.

It is the "sub category" thing that is broken. Everything else works fine, so if you don't search for sub categories it will work dandy.

We're working on repairing the sub category issue - which for some reason works on our test site and not on the live site - but at least we have finally figured out what it is.

Thanks for your patience on this one - and I'm sorry its taken so long to figure out!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Our PHP guy, Anthony, is awesome and located what looks like a perfect piece of code, but is not. Search is working perfectly now.

Please post back up if there are further problems :thumb: