Quantcast

Searching for GT DHi/MRP chain guide or parts

booner7

Chimp
Dec 15, 2008
Pacific Northwest
I am in search of any parts or a complete chain guide assembly for an '05 GT DHi. I have contacted MRP and was referred to Pacific Cycles (GT) and have been unable to speak with anyone there. I have been able to locate one of the guides at a local bike shop and unfortunately found the ugly rumor of a $400 retail price to be true. Because of that, I'm tempted to try fabricating my own version, but would much rather use the proper pieces if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
d

kamomatt

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Chicago
Hey d, someone else was looking for the old DHi MRP. I don't think GT has it. I'm looking for a front triangle I'd be interested in splitting cost of a old frame. The old frames show up from time to time most look TRASHED cracked welded photo shopped. ROYAL pain to find new parts for anymore. GOOD LUCK

booner7

Chimp
Dec 15, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Yeah, if we can find a frame and parts we need, I would be happy to share costs. I'll keep checking classifieds, and ebay and if I find anything, can let you know. And keep me posted if you come across anything also. Right on!
Take care

NovatoSCFR

Monkey
Aug 27, 2004
NOVATO CA
I think I've got some random parts for that chainguide at home (which is unfortunately about 1000 miles away at the moment). Do you need the whole thing or just bits and pieces?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Your not going to find the parts not attached to a frame since that was the only guide made for that frame. However, you could make almost every part on it with a little machining. For that matter, what part do you need and how much are you willing to pay for it? I have a 2001 DHi as a buddy bike sitting in my basement. I'll make the part for you if it is worth my time to machine it.

I would take up Stik on the offer. He hooked me up with the large bearing cups back in 2004 when I couldn't find them anywhere. Can't imagine it's any easier now.

BTW Stikman, nice quote in RacerX

booner7

Chimp
Dec 15, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Yeah, the only person I know that's close to Stik is my grandpa who I don't think would be able to make it down to Temecula(literally), but I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work. I'll let you know if I'm unable to get the stuff from Stik and thanks for your offer!
Best regards

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, the only person I know that's close to Stik is my grandpa who I don't think would be able to make it down to Temecula(literally), but I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work. I'll let you know if I'm unable to get the stuff from Stik and thanks for your offer!
Best regards
email me again
stiksandstonesATgmail.com

I will find some time to throw it in a box, give me a week. I just got a new job and have been pinned, but, would be nice to start cleaning out my garage.