Quantcast

season nearing an end...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
around here the riding is getting colder, and the dirt is getting wet. It is the beginning of digging season and a much restricted riding season. The snow doesnt fall for another 2 months, thankfully.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
boostindoubles said:
around here the riding is getting colder, and the dirt is getting wet. It is the beginning of digging season and a much restricted riding season. The snow doesnt fall for another 2 months, thankfully.
Me too. Winter is the beginning of my dirtjump personna. Summer is for xc/dh. It's nice living in the mountains but having a valley in a rain shadow close by.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
schrammride said:
...the season is nearing an end folks (well, in ohio it is)...bummer
Not for us in So Cal; it has been pretty hot (mid 80s) and really windy. I don't think I could live in an area where I couldn't ride in the winter. We ride and have races pretty much year round...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
blt2ride said:
Not for us in So Cal; it has been pretty hot (mid 80s) and really windy. I don't think I could live in an area where I couldn't ride in the winter. We ride and have races pretty much year round...
it's not the snow i mind as much as the days getting short. i love playing in the snow.... but i hate getting home from work when it's pitch black out. Even now, if I don't get out early enough I'm stuck with a night ride. I like night rides, but it isn't the same.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
yep, sometimes i would ride to school (you know, to show off my goods :cool: ), but now its already getting all frosty out. although i cant wait til it snows!!!