Quantcast

Seasonal Depression..

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Does anyone 'round these parts think (or know) they have mild seasonal depression. especially when it's all snowy and cold i get much more annoyed about stupid stuff, and just generally feel like blah. it's no fun! SoCal here i come?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah...I get that way. I've got skiing, but I can't just walk out my door and go skiing like I can ride a bike. Where I live it gets really bad, because the valley gets inverted (Low pressure trapped in the valley as high pressure squishes it from above, trapping all pollution and causing huge amounts of fog and haze), I haven't seen the actual sun in about a week, plus the fact that there's three feet of snow still on the ground (Did I forget to mention that inversions cause really low temps?), and it's not melting anytime soon. :mad:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
It's 60 degrees here today. I can't ride though.

There are periods that I don't see the sun for about 3 weeks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I mildly have to deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Nothing major. Just knowing I have it seems to keep things in check.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I guess it's not actually that bad, but I get so sick of this whether that's neither winter nor summer, just rainy and a little on the cold side. It doesn't really change much for months, though.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Ya, it was a little muddy on the trail today, I got sprayed by water at least 3 times......that sh!t ain't right! :mumble:...........sorry, dazed off, the sun is in my eyes and it's pretty warm.......Move to Cali, other than earthquakes, fires, and traffic it's pretty nice and sunny winters kick much ass :thumb:

The Ito

ito

Oct 3, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
No seasonal disorders here. Was sunny & mid 40s yesterday, but warm enough for a mt ride with shorts & a light windbreaker. :thumb:

First ride I've been on since Fruita....... (mid-Oct.) :dead:

-S.S.-
That's not too bad....mine was my first real mountain bike ride since early July.....didn't have a bike for 6 months :(. Felt good to get the flow-jo back on the singletrack.

The Ito

ito

Oct 3, 2003
JRogers said:
Uhhhh, I'm not really sure how posting about how warm it is wherever you are helps Mumbles.
It lights a fire under his butt so he moves somewhere with decent weather. That and I'm working on putting off my essay writing for as long as possible.

Sorry mumbles :p

The Ito

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
ito said:
It lights a fire under his butt so he moves somewhere with decent weather. That and I'm working on putting off my essay writing for as long as possible.

Sorry mumbles :p

The Ito
hehe, no worries ;)
mmm warmer weather. stupid school... i'm gonna look for jobs on the west coast as soon as my punk ass graduates!