Quantcast

Seat covers

I know - I know - I've always had dark colored seats so I never cared about the mud, grease etc but my outback came with beige seats (no other option). I don't want to be one of those people who make people put towels down before they sit in my car :(

on a side rant, why would a car company market their car towards the "outdoorsman" and only offer light cloth on certain models?! WTH

Ok so back to my question - seat covers. So far, this was recommended on a subaru forum:

http://www.wetokole.com

They do look sweet - but $$$$ (could be that you get what you pay for).

Any thoughts?!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
For most seat covers, you do get what you paid for. There are lots of good companies that offer fitted covers, but if other owners have first hand experience, that does go a long way.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Options are poor. I bought the "Cover King" brand waterproof cordura ones for my brand new Toyota truck and have been very disappointed. Over $400, and they soak up moisture like a sponge. They tore at the seams within a few months. They do look good, and gave me the black seats Toyota could not, and my factory seats still look good retaining my resale. I don't like the Wet Okale because they look and feel like seat covers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Funny, I wanted a car with lighter colored seats to match the dog fur that I would never be able to get out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
did the car have a leather option?
her and the baboon would be saying this a lot.....

[woodersonvoice]hey man....watch the leather....[/woodersonvoice]

these are comfy.....but probably not what they are looking for...

Last edited: