Quantcast

Seatac airport security or lack there of!!!

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Ok so Thursday morning 5 am I woke up and hoped on a plane to the great state of Arizona. During this routine i grabbed the backpack I always go biking with to shove my Ipod and reading material for the plane into. So at Seatac security went through smoothly no problems.

Well this morning when i was going through security at the Pheonix airport the screener guy took my bag and said we need to have a look. So he goes through my bag to my 3 inch knife that I had left in my bag from biking and some allen keys. Well the guy says the usual mail it home you cant bring them on an airplane. I had totally forgot i had them in there. But my rant begins with HOW THE HELL DID I GET A 3 INCH BLADE KNIFE PAST SEATAC SECURITY. Talk about lax think of what could have been done its sertenly more damaging then any nail clipper they would take out. So WTF seatac.

This isnt the first time it has happened either when i was flying to LA I had a snowboard tool in this same said back pack. Got through Seatac NP in LA they took it told me to mail it home.

So has Seatac just had 2 misses and other airports been better or is this happening alot because a 3 inch knife could do some damage on a plane and if Seatac is letting em through its kinda irks me to think about it.

/End rant

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
From what I have seen, TSA is staffed mainly by people who couldn't hack working for the carnival. Especially up here.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
If you watch the local media you would know that you can sneak anything in through security, make fake id's to get past security, ship a container to the US loaded with chemical agents and other nasties right into our ports, contaminate the US food supply because its so unprotected...., ect..... makes you hope the terrorists we are supposed to fear dont have directTV with the NW favorites package....