Quantcast

seattle area machine shops?

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
i know some of you are machinists- recommend me a shop to do some basic parts out of aluminum. i'm thinking maybe 5 different pieces and about 5 of each piece. basic shapes like headtubes, dropouts etc.

probably no cnc required.

thanks

Are these peices going to be headtubes and dropouts, or just 'shapes like headtubes and dropouts'? What are doing with these peices?

Because you can purchase these parts MUCH cheaper than any machine shop could make them.
And if you think these parts probably won't need CNC....then how do think they'll be made?

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
Are these peices going to be headtubes and dropouts, or just 'shapes like headtubes and dropouts'? What are doing with these peices?

Because you can purchase these parts MUCH cheaper than any machine shop could make them.
And if you think these parts probably won't need CNC....then how do think they'll be made?

the pieces will be headtubes, dropouts and stuff like that, but they really dont sell them on nova cycles or any of the other sites i have seen-(ie- 12mm dropout with built in chain tensioner?)

and the parts will be fairly simple shapes, which could be made by a manual milling/lathe. that is all i meant, cnc shapes not required. a cnc could make the parts, but so could a manual xy control mill.

tyler- email coming...