Quantcast

Seattle-area trials

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Where are some good spots near Seattle (I live in Woodinville, specifically) to learn trials? I have absolutely no trials skills, but I'd love to learn.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
There's a good variety of spots in and around downtown/fremont/U district...

The way to get better is to go out with other riders... I know iridebikes goes out pretty often with a good group of hooligans pretty regularly. You might want to shoot him a PM or something.....

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
If you ever feel like venturing down into t-dot, there is some good urban stuff downtown and some good medium to small sized rocks on the water front. I have also heard that up by UW there is a lot of good urban junk, but Ive never been there (no car). Id be happy to ride with any monkey if they want to head town to the slums of tacoma once Im back in August.

Jonathan

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
as for woodenvill... no clue. lincoln park over in west seattle i guess has a ton of great stuf, never been there though. Carkeek park has a ton of rocks and stuf that i found when i was at a bbq down there. the whole kids playground has a ton of stuf. other than that. Lower woodland park(by the zoo and greenlake) has a ton of logs by the dirt jumps and a ton of rocks up by the rabbits, I want to get up and ride there sometime. UW, freemont has a couple places, downtown seattle there really isn't much. Gasworks park is entertaining.

ya, like Happy said, I try to get out and ride alot. I havn't been able to ride trials for a long time, but I'm getting a dedicated trials bike pretty soon. I'm getting a DeSalvo. the frame should be here next week or so. then I just need to build it up. so, give me about a week and I'll be out there riding again.

If you want someone to ride with I'd say give Joel a call (206-903-1377) tell him jerry told you to call. He has a DeSalvo as well. and He's a great guy to ride with. He's also a good teacher.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Okay, thanks a lot. I should have the new fork on my hardtail in a few days, so I might be able to ride with you and/or Joel pretty soon.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Ummm.... So you seattle - tacoma trials riders out there want to ride sometime? Just got back to school in tacoma, and I want to check out gasworks.

Any group rides coming up?

Jonathan

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
not that i know of, but we can get one together sometime. lets figure out a time within the next couple weeks.

by the way, i got my new desalvo built up! its sick. decked out with king hubs and drilled dx-32's. it's bright orange.

come by bike sport in ballard for more info on trials rides. ask for joe or jerry. we'll help you out.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
hmm.... the sticking point right now is my lack of a car. If I can find another person in tacoma (I know a couple riders) with a car I might try that, or maybe the bus. What are the chances of throwing a bike onto a tacoma-seattle bus?

Jonathan

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
i'm pretty sure that most, if not all, buses have bike racks. not sure how long it would take you to get here from tacoma. butif you are only coming up here for gasworks... its not worth the drive. ya its good. but i don't think i would drive 45 minutes to get there. maybe that's just cause i'm getting sick of it, and i am having a hard time finding new lines. who knows.