Quantcast

Seattle Monkeys....not seamonkeys

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Rolling into SEA TAC for a couple days at Boeing for bidness. Would like some cool local cuisine instead of the usual chain crap we eat while traveling. I am on government per diem, so no $100 dinners, please.

Anybody want to buy me a beer, that's cool too!

Staying around the airport/Boeing field area.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Thai Tom in u-district if you like thai. My favorite of all time. Cheap, but make sure you bring cash.

Edit: sniped by Thad!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Serious Pie in downtown
Buddha Ruksa (Thai) in West Seattle

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
There are sooooo many good spots, what kind of food do you like and where are you staying? I can give you names of hole-in-the-wall spots close to you.

From the above, yes walk Pike Place, the Alabi room is fun, and Wild Ginger is ahh-mazing, if you end up in Ballard, hit up the Chai House for awesome coffee/tea/sandwiches. My hubby and I met at Fado on 1st, it's a sweet little Irish pub with good beer, good food, and live music a lot of the time.

How long are you in town? I actually had this dream I was sitting at a table full of you Monkeys, and I had to ask you all what your screen name was and call you that. I'll buy you a beer if we can make it happen!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I'm staying at a Courtyard in Federal Way. Seems cookie cutterish to me. Will be working at Boeing during the day (off Interurban Ave, right across from the Museum)

Thanks for the suggestions!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm staying at a Courtyard in Federal Way. Seems cookie cutterish to me. Will be working at Boeing during the day (off Interurban Ave, right across from the Museum)

Thanks for the suggestions!
Lol! I grew up in Federal Way (or F-Dub to the locals). Not a great town, but in Federal Way on Pacific Highway and... maybe 312th? Is a Thai restaurant called Indochine that is super yummy! You're staying right by Gateway center, so Marlene's grocery is right there, it's full of health food, but they don't sell alcohol if you're looking for a place to grab a six pack.

I work off of Interurban in SeaTac, if you have a chance, you could stop by the 13 Coins in SeaTac (it's in my building) either after work or before your flight home and I'll buy you a beer there!

You're a little out of the city, but it's a quick bus ride or pedal from where you are working. The buses going back to FW are sketch at night though, so I hope you have a rental car or something!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Sweet, I can see that grocery from my window! Will PM you later for contact info, I have a rental, no worries there.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yep....you're going to a **** neighbourhood....even by Seattle standards.

And it will take you 43 hours on I-5 to travel the 8 miles to get to places like Wild Ginger.

I suggest you go to your hotel and draw the blinds until your flight home.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Well, I found a Top and bought a six pack of Deschutes NWPA, for whatever that's worth. There seems to be a lot of Korean writing on the signs, may go look for a BBQ joint!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is this little sushi place down in Fife that is awesome. Food is great and it will make Federal Way look nice.

If you are here until the weekend let me know and can give you a tour of Ballard.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Holy hell Mmike is an ass.

I second Buddha Ruksa for thai. They have some awesome menu items that you can't get anywhere else. #20 and the S1 are my goto. Both epic. Grab some to go and head to Alki w/ a beer for a $15 amazing meal. It's also easy enough to access from where you are via 599 w/o going DT and fighting north end traffic.
In the same neighborhood is Mashiko. Again, not you average Sushi. Expensive but worth every penny. Get there when they open and sit at the bar. The best Pho in Seattle is 1/2 block away at Than Bros. Go to Husky and get ice cream afterwards.
There is a lot of really good beer and some good food in Georgetown if you are around Boeing field.

Deschutes Red Chair is my current favorite bottled beer. You chose well.

If you want specifics on GT or want to grab a beer or need a brewery tour PM me.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
There's always What The Pho if your looking for asian noodle soup. Its around there somewhere. Maybe try Rainier Beach for fun late night shenanigans.

edit - On second thought don't go to Rainier Beach. Stay away from that place. It makes Federal Way look like the country club.

For beer - there are tons of Breweries. Off the top of my head Elysian, Pike, Hales, and Fremont would probably be fun to check out.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
There is this little sushi place down in Fife that is awesome. Food is great and it will make Federal Way look nice.

If you are here until the weekend let me know and can give you a tour of Ballard.
Dang, heading out Friday morning, but I'm out here a lot now with work, so soon I will make friends with the Seattle monkies

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Holy hell Mmike is an ass.

I second Buddha Ruksa for thai. They have some awesome menu items that you can't get anywhere else. #20 and the S1 are my goto. Both epic. Grab some to go and head to Alki w/ a beer for a $15 amazing meal. It's also easy enough to access from where you are via 599 w/o going DT and fighting north end traffic.
In the same neighborhood is Mashiko. Again, not you average Sushi. Expensive but worth every penny. Get there when they open and sit at the bar. The best Pho in Seattle is 1/2 block away at Than Bros. Go to Husky and get ice cream afterwards.
There is a lot of really good beer and some good food in Georgetown if you are around Boeing field.

Deschutes Red Chair is my current favorite bottled beer. You chose well.

If you want specifics on GT or want to grab a beer or need a brewery tour PM me.
Cool, the Red Chair is very nice! Going to PM you and skibunny later, she suggested 13 coins, I'm working across from the Museum at Boeing.

On another note, I am curious to try these Korean hamburger/terriayki places I see.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
pffft.....good luck

At it's best, Seattle is not very "cosmopolitan". And down in federal way? I'm surprised you found something other than Bud Light.
Ouch, FW isn't THAT bad... there's still Fife!

See?! ;)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Sorry for not PM today, got busy at work. Went downtown with bosses, ate at Steelhead Diner, was ok. Downtown Seattle at night is, well, interesting.

Going to Fife tomorrow evening for the sushi, the threat of a crappy place does not scare me, I lived in New Orleans for 10 years.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wanna do me a favor and drop in and sucker punch my ex-wife? Just down the road from you really.

If you wanna blow some coin there's a place in down town Seattle called Purple. Its my favorite place in Seattle to eat, especially on a Sunday when its 1/2 price bottles of wine.