Quantcast

Seattle Monkies?!

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I'm going to be out in Seattle next week for work. Trying to decide if I should stay the weekend.

I'd love to see some local trails if a kind soul wants to lead this guy on a group ride.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
stay. ride. I've got some buds off the monkey who might be of interest for guides.
Tiger was a pretty good trail ride.
There is Colonnade bike park under the freeway, which has some nice features, and you'd likely find folks just hanging there. It isn't a huge park, but it is neat to see.
Not sure if SeaTac park is still good (I was there a decade ago).

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
^^ don't listen to people that don't live here....

Colonnade park sucks. The ONLY people you will meet there are homeless and druggies. And since WEED is legal here now, there is no reason to go to Colonnade. ever.
Seatac bike park is now a jail.
Skookum just started riding again after taking some years off..

What kind of riding are you looking to do? What kind of riding do you have available where you live?

We have Duthie Bike park on the east side, about 30+ minutes from Seattle. It's a mix of xc, small jump lines and some larger jump lines. Pretty small park but fun for most.

Tiger mountain is also about 30 minutes from Seattle, headed east. It's a xc (enduro?) ride. Three/four miles up a gravel road and "single" track back down. Pretty fun. I think the ride is around 17 miles.

Tokul is also out east. :) (seeing a pattern here?) You go up, then you go down.

I can't be a guide because my shoulder is no longer part of my body but I can be of more help then most bass players....;)

http://trails.evergreenmtb.org/

What bike will you be bringing?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Don't listen to that guy, but take my advice, which is identical to his first suggestion, and go to Tiger.

I've been to Colon-AIDS three times. Twice to ride, which was a while ago. The third time was on a visit last year, jut to see what it looked like, and there was no riffraff to be found.

I remember hearing something about SeaTac, which is why I said I wasn't sure. Jail fail.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm in Japan until the 18th, how long are you going to be around for?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I was hoping to do some freeriding/singletrack, because I always see video of the rainforest out there. I'd be excited to see some jumps also.

I'm not flying with a bike. I've done that before and it's cheaper to rent. This gives a bit more freedom on ride type, as well.

I'll have a rental car, so mobility won't be a big issue.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
exit 27 is also on the east side. pedal/push up a mountain. coast back down.