Quantcast

Seattle Street Scene?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
How is it? Im throwing around the idea of moving someplace completely new. Im used to having a close crew to ride street and DJ with. We have a private DJ spot we ride, but we dont tell anyone(and Im not asking for directions to any private spots)

Where are the good places to live? Bike shops? DH trails? Whats the rent like?

Any bike related info would be appreciated.

Thanks

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
weird i asked secret squirrel about this today on the lift. trying to find out but he didnt know anyone. there is some nasty nasty street that i have found just ridding around seattle lately.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
street stuff is abundant, especially by the UW which is conveniently located next to the sicest shop in town, fluidride (this coming from a guy who works at another shop). the dj scene is pretty deece, four general knowledge spots and some better ones if you know the right people. I dunno about rent but I'm guessing its on the high side of reasonable. Seattle is a pretty sweet place to live, people are friendly, cops are easy to get away from on bike, and lots of riding.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
Jimmy Le Van and Metal Bikes call Seattle home, and that's pretty much all you need to know.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
street stuff is abundant, especially by the UW which is conveniently located next to the sicest shop in town, fluidride (this coming from a guy who works at another shop). the dj scene is pretty deece, four general knowledge spots and some better ones if you know the right people. I dunno about rent but I'm guessing its on the high side of reasonable. Seattle is a pretty sweet place to live, people are friendly, cops are easy to get away from on bike, and lots of riding.
Thanks for all the info guys. I ran across Fluidride on my internet searches for Seattle. I shot them an email too.... seems like a really cool shop.

I also remember talking to someone who came into the shop I work at and when I asked about Seattle, they mentioned some shop with "green" in it but I cant remember the full name. Which shop do you work at?

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
The rent can be ridiculous in some parts of the city. I'm saving up to move back there. Seattle has a nice street scene.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Right now Im splitting rent for a 2 bedroom for 1200.

Im looking for the inside line as far as where to live thats reasonable as far as rent goes, but not B.F.E. when you wanna drive somewhere you know?

Where are the bars, clubs, lounges etc in relation to the city? Where does everyone hang out at night? What neighborhoods/areas should I be looking into for apartments?

thanks again guys

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
from my experience Seattle is awesome. a friend of mine moved up there and when i have went up to visit him i've been extremely impressed with the area. not even just from a riding standpoint, although he has trails a few blocks from home, but the area is so nice. he lives out of the city area in Issaquah (SP?)

i actually almost moved there this summer...i'd definitely consider doing it some day.