Quantcast

Seattle -> Whistler midweek or next weekend?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
anyone want to hit up whistler for a daytrip next week? :evil:

days i am free:

june 7 (tues),

i have car/rack space for two other people and their dh rigs.

confirmed people:
tuesday: Petite Fleur/Fluer is in

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Str8OutaBallard said:
I would be up for Tues the 7th... I have to go back to work on the 8th...
cool, let's do it. lifts open at 10 so let's leave at 5:15 or so?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Petite Fluer said:
Dude, I'm in man!! I'll be in West Seattle but can meet you dudes somewhere. What up?
cool. which day?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
anyone want to hit up whistler for a daytrip next week? :evil:

days i am free:

june 7 (tues), 10 (fri), 11 (sat)

i have car/rack space for two other people and their dh rigs.
Toshi, you suck! :p

Come to Lake Saywer with us on Sunday!

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Petite Fluer said:
So, what's the word? We gonna have a crew eh?
tuesday is definitely happening if you're in. i replied to your PM.

Snacks said:
Toshi, you suck! :p

Come to Lake Saywer with us on Sunday!
yeah, this is my sole week of freedom this summer, between finals (last one was today!) and research (13th). but sunday is beethoven 4 at the seattle symphony so i'll be lazy :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
thesacrifice said:
so im def down for Tuesday if you have the room, where do you do research (are you doing that fruit fly stuff?)
sorry, looks like Str8OutaBallard has claimed that 3rd spot. i'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

i only have 2 roof rack mounts, and a 3rd dh type bike can fit in the back if i fold down half the rear seat. a 4th person and bike would be an uncomfortable squeeze for all that car-seat time...

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
do you have a trailor hitch? what kind? If you dont mind a 4th person maybe we could put my Sportworks trailor hitch on your ride :) may not be worth the hassle though

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
thesacrifice said:
do you have a trailor hitch? what kind? If you dont mind a 4th person maybe we could put my Sportworks trailor hitch on your ride :) may not be worth the hassle though
i have a 2" receiver hitch... it's your call.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
thesacrifice said:
damn, I have the smaller one.. next time ;)
that's too bad. there will be plenty of opportunities this summer albeit no more midweek ones for me. :thumb:

Petite Fluer (that spelling bugs me! ahha) and Str8OutOfBallard: make sure to have your passport or your driver's license + birth certificate handy for the border crossing.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
thesacrifice said:
damn, I have the smaller one.. next time ;)
hey, we have had a cancellation so there's a spot on tuesday. you still game?

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
well shoot, I told my work I was available to work on Monday thinking I wasn't going to whistler and so I won't be off shift until 10pm (in Chehalis) It'll take me 35 minutes to get home. Then get my gear together then head up to Seattle to my Gf's house (she just moved in too, don't know where it is or even where to park). I wouldn't be there until midnightish at best, don't know if I can make it now. Thanks for the offer though, maybe next time I'll grab a spot quicker ;) Have lots of fun, I'll be wishing I was up there

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I'll be in vancouver and whistler friday, saturday and sunday if you want to meet up and ride. My plan for right now is ride Eagle which is right outside vancouver on friday afternoon and then ride whistler saturday and sunday.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
I'll be in vancouver and whistler friday, saturday and sunday if you want to meet up and ride. My plan for right now is ride Eagle which is right outside vancouver on friday afternoon and then ride whistler saturday and sunday.
cool. i will join you on saturday if i get someone else to come up from seattle. friday is now reserved for a leisurely bike cruise to the red hook brewery :devil: :thumb:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
Sounds good. My cell phone number in canada is 604 317 3686, so let me know if you will be up there.
it looks like i won't be making the trip on saturday. today's trip was awesome but exhausting and i don't feel like repeating it if it's going to be rainy (it wasn't today on the mountain), possibly due to the fact that i got two hours of sleep, possibly not. :D